Chapter 4

After waiting for Maddie for what felt like hours after fifth period, she finally showed up. Her lipstick was smudged a little and her hair was slightly messier than usual. Her eyes met mine and she grinned.

"Sorry I'm late, go held back in Bio."

"Of course you did Mads" I rolled my eyes at her and she nudged me gently with her elbow.

We headed to our dorm rooms and it was already around 4:30, which meant that I only had 2 hours until I had to be at Maddies dorm to get ready for the party, but I also needed to start planning the assignment that I got set in Physics.

"Ok so remember, six thirty and don't worry about what to wear. I have something perfect for you, it's not slutty just trust me. You'll look hot, I promise. " I laughed and she powerfully hip bounced me into my door.

She seems to get really excited for parties. The total opposite to me. I would rather stay in my dorm and read a John Green book or something, but I suppose that I need all the friends that I can get.

I walked into my room to find Kate out of sight, she must be out with her boyfriend, Josh. He seems really nice when Kate and I met him at lunch. I'm glad she's happy with him, he seems perfect for her.

I slipped my clothes off and put on new underwear and a different bra. I rummaged through my suitcase to find some sweats and a plain black vest that I could just quickly walk round to Maddies dorm in.

I had 2 hours before I needed to be there, so I decided to study for an hour. When it reached 5:30 I carefully curled my hair so it waved gently down past my shoulders. My make up was done up with dark eyeshadow, which was totally different from how I normally do it. But I liked it.

After getting ready, I read one last page of "Looking For Alaska" and headed to Maddies dorm at 6:30.

As soon as she opened the door,

"Look at you! Your make up looks amazing, I love it!" She whistled at me and gave me a cheeky wink.

I rolled my eyes and examined her outfit.

She looked amazing. Her hair was tightly done up into a messy bun, and her makeup was heavly done up like mine. I couldn't stop admiring her pink open backed dress which fitted her perfectly.

Maddie pulled me into her dorm and sat me down on her bed.

"Ok close your eyes" she said excitedly.

"What why?"

"Just close your eyes!"

I closed them and I could feel her flittering about infront of me.

"Ok open!"

I opened my eyes and noticed her holding up a black lace dress against her body, it reached just to the top of her knees.

"Its lovely, but I don't think it would suit me, I mean I don-" she cut me off before I could finish.

"It will look amazing on you, just shutup and try it on quickly" she threw it at me and I did as she commanded.

I walked out of the bathroom wearing the dress that she had given me, before I could say anything her mouth dropped open.

"Oh, my, god."

"What?" I laughed.

"You look amazing, here look!"

She dragged me infront of a mirror and I examined the dress carefully. It fitted me perfectly, hugging my curves tightly. I could see Maddie grinning widely behind me.