Chapter 9

**Hey guys, sorry it's been so long but our other writer is back now so updates will be now regular. And thank you so much for 1.2k views we are literally so thankful, please keep voting, following and commenting! Em and Liv x**

I couldn't help but notice Harry smirking at me from the corner of my eye. I turned my head to face him and he looked away sharply. I swear this is the kind of thing you did when you were 8 years old.

He finally turned to face me, we both exchanged glances and then laughed.

"I knew it" he said, while running his fingers firmly through his hair.

"Knew what?"

"That you liked me"

"What? Where did you even get that fr-"

"Jers, you basically molested me"

I swatted his arm and he laughed loudly, god I love the sound of his laugh.

"Well, I didn't see you pulling away from me 'basically molesting' you"

He stared at me for a couple of seconds.

"What?"

"Nothing, this song just reminds me of you"

He turned up the volume on his stereo, it took me a couple of seconds to familiarise myself with the lyrics.

"he was always there to help her she always belonged to someone else, I drove for miles and miles and wound up at your door"

"Oh, well why does this remind you of me?"

"Cause, even though you're sat here with me. I can still tell where you really want to be, with him"

I stared down at my feet, drumming my fingers on my thighs. No matter how many times I tried to deny it to myself, even people like Harry could see the truth. Have I really been so transparent all this time?

I lifted my head to look at him, he was still staring at me. A sympathetic look washed over his face.

"Are you ok to drop me off at my Moms house, if not I can call-"

"Let me guess, Niall?" He sarcastically sniggered.

"What? No, I was going to say Maddie, you know what Harry, forget it"

Before I could open the door handle, he reached over, wrapping his fingers around my wrist.

"Wait"

I turned to face him with a blank expression on my face and nodded at him to continue.

"23 Shursburry Avenue, right?"

"Right"

Most of the car ride was silent from then on, so I decided to call Maddie to break the awkward atmosphere. I anxiously called her, hoping she would give me the answers I wanted without sounding too desperate for them.

"Maddie?"

"Jersey? Are you okay? "

"Yeah yeah, I'm okay now thank you, are you?"

"Yeah I'm fine, just a little tired from having to deal with Niall's major rampage earlier. He left shortly after you, but he wasn't happy, he was furious, not with you but with Harry"

"What happened? Where is he now?" Harry looked at me in a confused expression. So much for trying not to look too desperate.

"Well Niall started hitting the wall, he ended up breaking alot of things in my room. And then Laila came and picked him up"