Chapter 12

**Authors Note: Hey guys, sorry its been months since we have updated but a lot has been going on! Anyway, we're back but this chapter is a little boring but it can't be all drama haha. Hope you guys like it! Remember vote and comment please! Liv and Em xx **
Zayn, Maddie and I sat in the empty waiting room with heavy eyes and tired voices. Maddie was asleep and her head was rested on Zayns shoulder and I stared down at my feet whilst tapping them continously.

"Okay Jers, I get that you're nervous but seriously you've been doing that for a full 45 minutes now" Zayn whispered softly, we both exchanged smiles and I laughed a little.

"Hey look, thats the first time I've seen you smile in the space of 6 hours!" he said while smirking smugly.

I'm glad Zayn was here, because even at times like this he always knew how to make someone feel a little better.

"Oh shutup" I chuckled while swatting his arm.

"Everythings going to be fine okay, we're here with you and even if its the worst possible outcome we will always be here for you. But I know that everythings gonna be fine" he smiled softly while gently placing his hand ontop of mine.

"Thank you, Zayn I-"

Before I could finish my sentence, Maddie lifted her head up from Zayns shoulder and squinted her eyes.

"Oh my god how long have I been asleep? Are we still waiting here, seriously?" Maddie spoke loudly.

"Shhh, its 2am and you're going to wake up the whole ward!" Zayn whispered.

"Sorry, hey Jers, how you doing?" she finally whispered while smiling brightly.

"Im okay, I just hope Nialls okay"

"He'll be fine, dont worry"

The three of us exchanged smiles and the atmosphere then fell silent. After 5 minutes of silence, Maddie stood up and glanced at Zayn and I.

"I'm going to the cafeteria to get a hot choclate, do you guys want anything?"

"Nah, I'm good thanks babe" Zayn replied.

"I'm good too, but thank you"

"Okay, well I'll not be long!"

Zayn and I both watched her walk down the hallway and dissapear around the corner. The atmosphere then fell silent again and I cupped my head in my hands.

"You know Jers, this isn't your fault"
I lifted my head and glanced back at Zayn and our eyes locked.

"You don't have to say anything. I know you think that this whole thing is your fault, but its not. The two of them just acted like complete dicks, and I'm sorry that you had to get involved in it like the way you did"

Even though Zayn was trying to make me feel better, and I appreciatted him a lot for that. It still doesnt mean that what he is saying is the truth. Because I know that this whole thing is my fault, I know that if I just stayed away from both of them then this never would of happened.

"But Zayn I-"

"Jersey don't. They are both selfish idiots for involving you in this whole thing the way they did, and they could of handled it a lot better. You don't deserve this, you don't deserve to be sitting here this late in the middle of a fucking hospi-"

"Hey, its okay. Its no big deal Zayn, why are you getting so upset about this?"

He moved closer and placed his hand on my knee.

"You're one of the best people I've ever met Jers, you're a great friend to Maddie and to me. Anyone that knows you is lucky to have you in their lives, and the fact that those two morons were willing to fuck it up is just-"

Before I could even think about what I was doing, I leaned in and crashed my lips into Zayns. What the hell are you doing Jersey?

Pull away!

PULL AWAY RIGHT NOW!

I unlocked my lips from his and ran my fingers through my hair.

"I'm sorry Zayn, I-, I shouldn't have done that I-"

"No no its okay, I get it. You're just emotional and you're just thinking too much right now"

I didn't know what to say, so many thoughts were rushing through my head. How could I even do that at a time like this. And Maddie! Maddie is my bestfriend and I trust her with my life, I can't believe I've done this to her.

"I'm sorry Zayn, I have to go"

I quickly stood up, gathered my things from the floor and turned to walk away. But before I could walk any further, I felt Zayns hand pull me back.

"Don't, please stay"

I have no idea whats going on. How could I be this much of a fuck up? How could I ruin everything within the space of not even 24 hours. I couldn't stay, because I know that when Maddie comes back I won't be able to look at her properly without feeling guilty and sick.

I wriggled my hand from his grasp and sighed deeply.

"I can't Zayn. I can't be here, I'm sorry"
I knew I was about to cry, this was all too much. I don't know what to do anymore.

As I quickly paced down the hallway, tears streaming down my face and my heart beating rapidly. I ran through the exit door of the hospital, found a bench and pulled out my phone from my bag.

I didn't know who to call, I know I couldn't call my Mom at this time because she would kill me, I definitely didn't want to call Harry, so the only person that I could think of was Kate.

As I scrolled through my contacts, my hands were shaking and teardrops were landing on my phone screen. I finally got to Kates name and rang her.

"Please pick up, please pick up" I whispered as the dialling tone repeated itself.

Finally she picked up and spoked in a slow, muffled tone.

"Jersey, whats wrong? Is everything okay?" I was trying my best not to sound dramatic and to panic her, but I couldnt stop crying.

"Kate I, I'm at the hospital, can you please come and pick me up" I cried into the phone. I felt so awful, but I really needed her right now.

"Oh my god Jers, stay there I'll be there as soon as I can okay"

After 10 minutes, Kate pulled up at the side of the pavement and came rushing out of her car, running towards me.

"Jersey what the hell is going on, are you okay? What has happened?"

"I'm fine, I'm fine. Thank you for picking me up, I'll explain everything in the car"