Super Powers?

The next day, the team went to check on Sonic at his hut to see if he's doing okay. Yesterday they did beat Eggman's robots without Sonic but it wasn't the same without him.

Sonic was already awake but something was very different. It was like he had an X-ray vision through his eyes. He can see his friends' internal organs and can hear their heartbeats, "Guys, why do my eyes feel funny?!" Sonic asked them a bit worried and rubs his eyes.

"What are you talking about? Your eyes are just fine" Amy said.

"I can see your organs and hear your heartbeat" Sonic said, getting a little freaked out.

"Oh, crud! You don't suppose that heart gem gave you....powers?" Tails gasped.

"Must be it. Either it gave me extra powers or something. But with all respect I need you guys to keep an eye if something terrible happens" Sonic said in concern, "I prefer my speed instead, not X-ray visions"

"Promise. If you turn into a monster" Sticks said.

"That's very helpful" Sonic said sarcastically.

"What did I say? I was just being aware" Sticks said.

"Unless that black cloud with red eyes was the previous one with powers" Sonic said.

"What do you mean?" Knuckles asked.

"The one on the wall painting" Sonic said.

"An alien?!" Sticks freaks out.

"Or a deity" Sonic said.

"What's a deity?" Sticks asked.

"A god or goddess" Tails said.

"Listen guys. I need to go away for a while" Sonic said.

"Nuh uh! Every time you're away, something always happens to you" Amy said.

"Argh! Fine you're coming with me" Sonic groans.

Amy smirks in victory, "Like I said, compassionate to you"

"Right" Sonic blushes slightly.

"If you really have X-ray vision, tell me how my heart is feeling" Amy asked.

"It's.....beating.....normal....and it's......warm" Sonic said through his x-ray vision.

"You're right. It does" Amy placed her hand on her chest.

-

Sonic and his teammates were at the Meh Burger, having lunch together. Like always, Dave still keeps giving them the wrong order every time. But Sonic uncontrollably let out a sinister snarl at Dave to give them the right orders, "Make sure you get it right next time" Sonic said in his normal voice. Dave was a bit perplexed at Sonic's attitude.

"Yep, enjoy" Sonic said to his friends.

"Uh, bud? Are you feeling okay? It's like you're stressed of something" Tails said.

"I'm fine. I didn't mean to do that to Dave" Sonic said.

"That knockout from yesterday must've made you in a bad mood" Knuckles said.

"Sort of" Sonic said and takes a bite of his burger.

"You know I worry about you in a friendly way sort of thing" Amy said, hiding her feelings for him.

"I understand Amy. I share your concern" Sonic said.

"Glad you do. So do the rest of us" Amy said.

"Hey Sonic. See if my digestion is doing fine" Knuckles asking Sonic to do his x-ray vision again.

Sonic squints and sees Knuckles stomach digesting his food. He grimaces and nods, "Gross! But you're fine. Okay, that I'm not doing it again. Man, I'm gonna have a nightmare about that"

"Better not throw up" Knuckles joked.

"Let's not talk about this" Sonic said.

"Of course" Knuckles agreed.

While Sonic is having his food, his hearing went sharp like he can hear things from far away like a dog, "Huh? Eggman!" He jumped in alarm when he heard a Mega Bot coming this way, "Get ready guys!" Sonic sped off to get to the Mega Bot with the team.

"How are you able to hear it?!" Amy asked.

"Super hearing" Sonic said.

"You're really turning into a super hedgehog!" Tails said.

"Hah! Me as Superman?" Sonic joked. But saw the Mega Bot coming his way, "It's hedgehog time!" He spins into a ball and dashes at it but little damage was done, "GRRRR!!!!" He gets furious and unexpectedly spin dashes harder. This time it blew a hole through the Mega bot, much to everyone's shock. Sonic himself was both amazed and surprised, "Okay, this is really starting to freak me out. Tails, I need some tests to see what's wrong with me"

"Alright then" Tails said, watching the Mega bot fall over with a loud thud.

-

At the Workshop, Tails was examining Sonic's body like a physical doctor by using a popsicle stick to check his mouth, "Agh! I said tests, not physical doctor tests" Sonic keeping his mouth open.

"I'm no physical doctor but if I'm gonna have to figure out what's wrong with you, I need to know what's happening to your body" Tails said.

"Okay" Sonic said.

Tails squints to see if there's something, "You seem normal. Okay, look at the flashlight" He held a flashlight. Sonic's eyes followed the light and his pupils reacting to the light seems normal, "Hmmm. Let's go for the heart" Tails said and uses the stethoscope to check Sonic's heartbeat.

"You know my heart beat always beats faster, not like I'm having a heart attack" Sonic said.

"Shush" Tails hushes. He listened to Sonic's heartbeat but they sounded different, "Weird, it sounds different"

"Like I said, it beats faster because I'm born with speed" Sonic said.

"If you say so. As long as it doesn't mean a heart attack or those rapid palpitations" Tails said.

"I don't get palpitations. It comes from a different type of stress or panic attacks sort of thing" Sonic said.

"Okay. The good news is that your heart, sight, breathing and hearing is normal. The bad news is that your anger caused that incredible strength of yours as well your attitude at Dave" Tails said.

"Negative emotions. You don't suppose that heart gem cursed me?" Sonic gulped in fear.

"Yes. So avoid getting angry or stressed. I would say it's feeding on your negative emotions" Tails said.

"What happens if it feeds on my negative emotions? That's what we don't know" Sonic said.

"I have no idea" Tails shrugs.

"Man, throughout my whole life I don't believe in curses" Sonic said.

"But now you do" Tails said.

"Curses are just.....fake magic...... in fairytale stories. It can't be real in our world" Sonic said.

"But face it now Sonic. I also worry about you" Tails said.

"So am I too but if curses are real then why did it give me super powers? Curses don't do that. It just makes no sense at all" Sonic crossed his arms.

"We'll see. But now we better hope Eggman don't get the gem either" Tails said.

"Perhaps you should study about this thing. If something does happen to me, maybe the heart can do something about it" Sonic hands him the black heart gem.

"Of course" Tails said.

Without notice Sonic's pupil became slit like momentarily but eventually it returns back to normal green, for now. He heads out of the workshop and uncontrollably let out a quiet evil chuckle. He heads back to the hut to have a moment by himself, "Did I just....chuckle....evilly?" He asked himself but then decided to not think about it and laid on the hammock.