Chapter Twenty

Halie's POV

"Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Ian. Happy birthday to you!" Aunt Carol sang while Ian blushed.

It had been a long two weeks since the incident with his mom. He had been living on his own and doing very well for himself. Ian even refused to rejoin the football team unless things started to change.

After the teams second loss, the coach was fired and replaced by a better one, offering Ian a better deal. So being the man he is, he joined back and the team won the following game. Who would have known they needed my man that bad. He was truly a god sent athlete.

So now, aunt Carol surprised him with a birthday party at our house since he had no family that mattered. "Happy birthday Ian!" Everyone yelled and he shook his head laughing. "Thanks guys. Thanks Miss Carol. This is amazing," he told her, giving her a bear hug.

"You're welcome my sweet boy. Now it's getting late, so I'm going lay down. Don't trash my house! Matter of fact, move the party next door to Ian's," she said loudly while smirking.

"Oh no," Ian mumbled and I giggled at his response. "It's okay birthday boy," I whispered in his ear. "I have a surprise for you anyways," I purred and he wrapped his arms around me. "Do tell pretty girl," he murmured against my lips but I shook my head, not giving anything away.

"You'll have to wait birthday boy. You have guests to entertain," I told him and he growled. "Tease!" He shouted, causing everyone to laugh and me to blush. I blew him a kiss then walked over to Heather and Kyeese.

"Hey Kyeese. I'm glad you could make it," I said with a bright smile. "Thanks for inviting me. I didn't think I fell under the friend category," she said with pink cheeks. "Ian helped me fight my inner demons. I never had a problem with you per se. We are good," I told her and she smiled.

"Thank god!" She exclaimed in relief and I giggled. "Let's move this party next door!" I yelled and everyone cheered. "Yes please!" Aunt Carol yelled and I slapped my hand over my mouth.

We all walked across the yard to Ian's house and turned the music up to a reasonable volume. Everyone danced and drank and enjoyed the night with no worries. I was moving my hips to the beat of a slow pop song when two hands circled around my waist, causing my body to tingle and my heart to speed up.

"I think we need to go upstairs baby," Ian whispered in my ear and I pushed my ass against him. "Aren't you enjoying your party?" I asked in a playful tone. "I rather enjoy it upstairs with you," he retorted and I giggled.

"Then let's go baby," I told him and he picked me up causing me to squeal. "Get you some!!" Someone yelled and my cheeks turned bright red. How embarrassing. He carried me into his room and tossed me on the bed, a smirk forming on his handsome face.

"What are you up to?" I asked with curious eyes. "Time for my present baby girl," he said and I smiled up at him. "Come lay down then birthday boy," I told him and he smiled, climbing on the bed.

I got off the bed and walked into the bathroom, shutting the door behind me. I undressed and changed in my short see through nightgown then opened the bathroom door. Stepping out, Ian's eyes landed on me instantly.

He growled and jumped off the bed like a predator, walking towards me quickly. "You're so fucking sexy," he whispered, taking in my exposed body.

"Don't just stand there, take me to bed already," I told him and he lifted me up off of the ground. "You naughty girl," he whispered, spanking my ass. I squealed then moaned when he sucked the skin on my neck.

"Get on the bed baby," he told me and I hummed in response. "My sexy girlfriend," he mumbled before pouncing on me. I laughed until his hard body pressed against mine.

"Make love to me Ian," I whispered and he smiled a toothy smile. "I was planning on it. It's been a long two weeks," he said softly before kissing me.

I awoke hours later to an empty bed. Sighing, I pulled the sheets around my body and sat up. "Shut up or you'll wake her!" Ian hissed and someone giggled. "Shut up Ian. Just show me the ring," Heather said and my heart stopped beating.

Ring? What ring?! Ring for who? Not me huh? It's way to early for that's. We only been dating for a little over a month.

"Look, isn't is lovely?" He asked her and she squealed softly. "It's beautiful! She'll love it!" She said excitedly and I laid back down quickly.

The door opened but I kept my eyes shut. The bed soon dipped and two arms wrapped around me, pulling me against a solid chest. "You'll be mind soon babygirl. One day," he whispered and I smiled, knowing his secret.

Even though I was happy he wanted to make me his, I couldn't help but feel anxious and scared. It was too early for us to get engaged. Maybe it was a promise ring? I closed my eyes and tried to shut my brain off, but it didn't work. I laid there for hours having an internal battle.

And bring on the unwanted comments lol