Chapter Twenty Five

Halie's POV

I watched as Ian slept, snoring lightly. A real smile crept on my face for the time in weeks. This man loved me with his all and it was time I started showing him how much it meant to me.

Maybe I could make a reservation at the restaurant we got engaged at. He only had a couple weeks left to be home with me and I need to prove to myself and him I could make it. I needed him to see I would be okay, because I would. Eventually.

"What you thinking about pretty girl?" He asked quietly and I looked over at him. "Just how much I love you," I told him and he smirked. "Thanks for putting up with me being a mess these last couple of weeks. I know it wasn't easy," I spoke softly.

"I'd do anything for you baby. You know that," he said genuinely. "I know. That's why tonight, we are going eat out then come home for some fun," I told him smiling. "I like the sound of that," he said with a breathtaking smile. Man I've missed that smile.

I've missed his touch more than anything. Tonight's the night I'll tell him I'm ready. Ready to start trying again. Yes, it was bad timing. He'd be leaving and I'd be alone, but would I really? Aunt Carol was next door. I had Heather and Kyeese also.

If only my plans could fall through, but life loved to bite me in the ass. "Did they tell you the day of your flight?" I asked and he shook his head. "Not yet, but I should know by next week. Are you sure you don't want to come with me?" He asked and I laughed softly.

"I can't. I have to finish school. I'm not going to become a quitter. I've missed enough already. I'm lucky they haven't already kicked me out," I told him and he scratched the back of his head.

"What did you do?" I asked with concern. "I kind of been doing your classes online. I may have also kind of enrolled you in online courses instead of actual college," he mumbled and I glared at him.

"You know what that means?!" I yelled, trying to keep my anger facade up. "Baby, I can explain," he said and I held my glare a little longer. "It means," I said angrily. "That I can go with you!" I yelled in excitement and he started smiling.

"Oh, you're good baby. I thought you were mad at me," he told me and I laughed. "That's the sweetest thing ever baby. I can't wait to go with you and start our new lives," I told him and he smiled like a little kid.

"I'm so relieved. I really thought you were about to murder me," he said chuckling. "I would never babe. Unless, you give me a reason too." He gulped and I smiled sweetly, kissing his cheek.

"By the way," I said, scooting away from him. "You're getting lucky tonight." I heard him growl and I looked over my shoulder and smiled. "Why later? Why can't I have that gorgeous body now?" He whined and I made a tsk sound.

"Because bad boy, you have to whine and dine to get this fine thing," I said, gesturing to my body. "That's it!" He growled and came towards me. "Nuh uh. You have to wait. It'll be worth it."

"You're going to kill me," he groaned and I smiled, standing up. "Where you going?" He asked and I looked over at him. "No where." I went to the closet and took out the red dress I wore on the night he proposed. Its elegance still left me in awe every time I looked at it.

I stripped down and padded softly to the bathroom, running the bath water while ignoring Ian's animalistic growl. I poured some bubble bath into the tub and watched as the bubbles started to rise.

Watching the bubbles left me feeling bubbly as I stepped into the tub. I sunk down into the water and sighed in content as the warmth of the water consumed me. My phone began to ring and I looked at the screen, smiling when I saw it was Heather. .

"Hey! How are you? Sorry I've been MIA the last week. I started a new job. How's you and Ian doing?" She asked and I sighed.

"We are good. Things are good. I'm going to be moving with him! I'm so excited. We are going out tonight and I think it's time Heather. I'm ready," I told her while reaching for my loofa.

"Really? That's amazing! Good luck girl!" She yelled and I laughed loudly. "Thanks Heather. I'm actually taking my bath so I'll call you later," I said and she giggled. "Okay. Bye!"

It broke my heart watching everyone walk around me on eggshells over the past couple of weeks. After a while, I realized they were doing it because they didn't know how to approach me. I was a hot mess and it took me a while to realize I needed to let them in instead of pushing them away and I'm glad I came to my senses because I don't know what I would have done if I lost Ian as well.

He was my rock, my best friend, my other half. If I couldn't open up and let him in, then who could I? "Hurry up babe!" Ian yelled and I smiled, leaning my head back against the tub. "No!" I yelled back and shut my eyes, enjoying my bath.