Chapter 37

We stood outside as the crisp, dark, dewy air licked at our faces. The humid air made my stomach feel uneasy, but what could I do about it?

   We all went with easy smiles on our faces, as we walked towards the many beautiful cars that Cameron and Oliver owned. Our footsteps echoed as we entered the garage and picked out a sleek black car with piercing red rims.

   Cameron slipped into the driver's seat and we all filed in- me in the passenger seat, Oliver and Jewel in the back.

   The car rode out of the garage as we sailed down the streets. The lights on the sidewalks lit up the car as Cameron drove faster.
   He grabbed my hand in his large rough hand, and brought my delicate knuckles up to his lips. He slowly dispersed gentle kisses along my knuckle as a small smile lit up my features.

   "What do you wanna eat, baby?" He asked gently, eyes keeping watch of the road, as a lock of hair fell to his eyes, giving him the sexy-rugged look that I secretly adored.

   "Ice cream?" I asked as my smile stretched across my face.

   "Haze, a real food." He said, his voice growing stricter, but it just turned me on. A pout grew on my face as I turned away from Axton. Ice cream was a real food!

   "It is a real food." I voiced my thoughts as he squeezed my hand affectionately.

   "Okay, it's a food. I'm sorry, princess.." He mumbled as he took a quick glance in my direction, trying to catch my eyes. "How about you pick something more...filling..then after, we can go get you some ice cream?" He suggested.

   I juggled with the suggestion in my head and finally nodded. Cameron was quick to turn and grab my jaw, pulling my lips into a quick yet hot kiss.

   My cheeks still managed to blush no matter how many times we've kissed.

   His hand dropped to my thigh and I could feel myself become excited all over again.
***

   We sat, and laughed, and ate as though we were old friends reunited after High School, but it was way deeper than that.
   Cameron was the love of my life, who made me feel as though I were walking on air, ninety-five percent of the time.

   Meanwhile, Oliver was the guy who could make me smile or laugh no matter the situation, and was like the brother that I wish I had had when I was younger.

   Jewel, I was still getting to know her, but from where we are so far, I could tell I was going to love her just the way I love the rest.

   As we walked out of the small diner we all, once again, entered the car. Oliver had strangely asked Cameron to drop him off at a strip mall, and Cameron didn't protest, only nodded his head.

   The ride was quick as we dropped Oliver, and insisted Jewel give him company.
   As we left them behind to venture, we went on our own little adventure.

Dennys.

   We pulled up to the small store that stood proud in the night with small sparkly lights illuminating the outside, and bright vibrant lights shining on the inside.
   We got out of the car and I was quick to skip to the building, leaving Cameron behind. His chuckle was easily heard, but I ignored it and walked as quick as my legs would take me.
   Once I reached, I held the door open for Cameron. He took his sweet precious time as I stood bouncing on the tips of my toes, the smell of double chocolate chip ice cream, invading my nose.

   I groaned as he finally reached, and grabbed his hand pulling him into the store. We walked to the front of the store and I smiled as the girl behind the counter sent us welcoming smiles.