Chapter 41

I was hauled into their office unwilling as my heart picked up its pace. I begged for Alexei to help me escape, and that I would pay him greatly, but he shook his head almost solemnly and continued to pull me.

   We reached a thick wooden door with a gold knob on it. I looked around and noticed that no matter where I ran, I would reach a dead end because there were men and cameras around every corner.

   I sighed in defeat as Alexei knocked on the door and waited patiently for a response.

   "Come in." Elliot's muffled voice came through the door, and only then, did Alexei open the door and walk us in.
   Elliot and Iris both looked up, pleased to see me, as smirks lit up their faces. "You may leave, Alex. I'll call when needed." Iris said softly as she walked around the desk and crossed her frail arms over her ample chest.

   Alexei—or Alex—nodded and walk out of the door and shut the door softly. I took a step back and swallowed slowly as they watched me carefully, as if ready for anything I could do.

   "We aren't here to hurt you, Hazel." Iris mumbled as she tilted her head to the side. "We just want to help you, and tell you the truth about this..Cameron Fields, that you have grown so fond of." She spoke gently as her blood red lips tilted into a smirk once again.

   "I don't wanna hear it. I just want to go home." I muttered as I curled my fists. Everything about these people, annoyed me. For starters, they kidnapped me from my own home. Next, the way they talk so properly as though we are all beneath them. And last, the fact that they had lied to me and took me a day earlier than planned.

   Planned....sound sick, right?

   "Home? Home to the man who gave you away? You really believe that he wants you over every single girl that falls at his feet? You are beautiful, darling, but even your beauty has limits." She sighs as she pushes herself off of the desk and walks closer to me.

   "What do you mean by gave me away? Axton would never do that!" I yelled as my face grew a bright red. "He fought to keep me, but you guys fucking played dirty and faked a text from Giovanni, just so Axton would leave and right under all over their noses, you took me away!" I growled.

While we were in the car I was able to put all the pieces together of how they had successfully kidnapped me.

   Iris began to chuckle and so did Elliot, from his desk. "You should be thanking us, you ungrateful brat. We practically saved you." Elliot spoke with a snarl on his face, obviously not appropriative of the way I had spoken to his wife.

   "Thank you for what? You are lying right to my face-

   "Then explain the messages." Iris interrupted me. "The phone calls, the price finalizations we did online. Axton didn't want you, kid. We had to buy you off of him. You were nothing but a mere sex toy to the boy." She snickered as I felt my eyes sting with uninvited tears.

   Lies.

   "Y-you're lying.." I argued weakly as my hands shook along with my legs. With every confession, my confidence in Axton grew weaker, but I had to hold on till I had proof, that this was real.

   "You really believe that after all these years, he would just wrap himself right back around your pretty little finger, and forget about all the pain you had caused the poor kid?" Iris questioned as she stood so close to me. "Three years can do a lot to a man, darling."

   "H-how do you know about t-that?" I asked as my tears stained my cheeks.

   "He told us." Elliot and Iris said simultaneously for like the hundredth time, since I had met them. I began to think that it wasn't a coincidence that they had gotten together. They were so strange that their relationship was oddly perfect.

   I couldn't speak as tears dribbled down my face and onto the floor.

   I finally grew enough strength to squeak out a few more words. "P-prove it t-to me t-then." I cried as I looked back and forth between the couple.
They smiled.

   "I'll show you." Iris said as she walked towards that flatscreen tv in the room. She slid a cd into a receiver and it rolled before a video of Axton paying Elliot and Iris tons of money, appeared one the screen.

   "In this moment, he had sold you to us." Elliot spoke from behind me as my eyes kept themselves glued to the screen.

   "I-it's fake." I whimpered, trying my hardest to believe in my words, but slowly by slowly it all made sense.

   He had always kept me in the dark from his work. He didn't trust me. At least not since I came back.

   He didn't trust me because all he needed was a quick fuck, and then sooner or later he was gonna sell me.

   "Look at the date on the screen, darling. It's all true." Iris whispered into my ear as my legs began to quiver. This video was taken two days ago.

   It was silent for a few moments as I watched the screen replay.

   Over.

   And over.

   And over again.

   It was all true.

   "Come." Iris's sapid voice spoke as she offered her warm embrace. I gravely walked into her arms and sobbed as she wrapped her arms around me.

   My heart was slowly shattering as Elliot and Iris danced around on the crumpled ashes with smiles on their faces. They were happy to see me break just so that they could mend me back together.

   "H-he w-will come for m-me." I cried into her chest and she shook her head as she held me tight.

   "I give him a few months. He won't come." She whispered slowly as her lips skimmed the skin of my ear, inflicting a shiver to roll forward.

   He tricked me.

   My heart slowly seems to shrivel with aggravation as my tears rushed down my face. But they weren't tears of sadness. They were more tears of,

   Loathing.

   For Cameron.

***
Sorry for the really short chapter, but I hope you liked it!

I'm also really sorry for the long wait, I've been busy.

Please vote and comment! I really like your feedback. Just comment stuff you'd maybe wanna see happen in this book!🎈