~Shell necklace~

~Arabella's Point of view~

Sunlight wakes me the next morning

Sunlight wakes me the next morning. I push myself off the floor where I slept at all night.

I slowly to adjust to the sunlight and blink my dry eyes. They feel awfully swollen, my body sore and my throat dry.

I can't wrap my head around what has happened. It all seems so unreal.

I hear shuffling from besides me followed by a none verbal string of words. Sofia sits up and stretches her limbs.

Her long dark blond hair has formed a birds nest around her head. Her deep blue eyes look tired, empty, they miss their usual spark.

She smiles weakly at me when she catches my eye. We stay silent for some time, both lost in our own thoughts, but my stomach decides to make a weird noice.

I giggle, "The food monster has spoken." I say, trying to lighten this impossible situation.

I expect Sofia to laugh like she always does, but she simply nods and gets up.

I get up as well and follow her through the hallways until we reach the kitchen. We pass the large window that looks over the garden. All kinds of cloths lay spread out over the property.

My brain does the quick thinking and I know exactly what that is. The party was a picknick and now the bodies are hidden under the blankets.

I look over at Sofia to see that she saw the same. Her hard expression slips for a second but her lips stay in a tin line.

The silence between us becomes uncomfortable but I'm scared to break it. So without a word we make breakfast.

I take a seat on one of the barstools by the island in the middle of the kitchen.

I take a bite of my burned toast and think about my dad and his burned toast. He was the worst cook ever, couldn't even use the microwave. My mama was a great cook and I loved helping her.

I startle as Sofia slams her plate down besides me. "We should leave." She states.

I wait a second before nodding. It's the best thing to do. We have nothing here and what if the alpha guy comes back.

Best we leave and never return to this nightmare.

~

"I'm done" Sofia announces as she steps into my bedroom. She has a small backpack in her arms with a sleeping bag tied underneath it.