Editing!!!!!

~Ray's Point Of View~
Eight years earlier

It is the middle of the night when I hear screams coming from outside. I startle awake and run towards the sound. The moon shine trough the trees surrounding the unruly garden. The warrior statues around the estate cast ominous shadows.

There I find Ava Lance on her knees in the grass with a broken figure in her lap.

"What happened?" I ask and look at the young woman. Wendy is as pale as was when she died. When my brother shot her not three weeks earlier. Her lips are beginning to turn blue and blood cakes the side of her head.

"She fell, she was climbing and she fell. Ray, she's not breathing." Ava explains hysterically. Tears roll down her cheeks. Her fingers are trembling as she traces them over Wendy's lifeless face.

I kneel down besides Ava and feel Wendy's neck for a pulse. It's there, but only barely. "Just bring her back. Do what you did the first time."

"I can't do that again. When she died it took her soul the bring her back but she has nothing more to give." The bullet had killed Wendy almost instantly. Only through Ava's miracle work did she come back. Her werewolf side was gone and when she woke up, she could no longer shift.

It drove her insane. We brought her to a remote location to work on a plan to take down my brother. She kept wandering off, kept mumbling about the moon. This is not the first time she has fallen from a higher place while trying to reach for it.

Ava was supposed to watch her. And now she's dead.

"You have to do something, we need her." I shout at Ava. I can't do this without her blood.

"You can turn her into a vampire. Give her your blood and she will come back."

I bite down into the palm of my hand and bring the wound to Wendy's lips. After a little while her cheeks start to gain some color. I gather her in my arms and take her into the house and towards my room.

"It's going to be okay." Ava whispers her as she tucks her into the bed.

I see how much she cares and it makes me sick. I sit at Wendy's bedside for hours. It did not take me long to figure out that something was wrong.

When her heartbeat is steady enough I bite down into her arm and drink her blood greedily. I instantly spit it back out. It tastes foul and instead of making me stronger like it did before it makes me feel weak.

Ava is watching with wide eyes as she realizes the same thing I did. "Get out." I snarl at her.

"This is your fault."

~present day~

I stare at Ava as she busies herself at Arabella's bedside.

The only witch who believed in me enough to truly help me

After my soulmate rejected me

Shunned by her coven

Adam found

She helped me track and trap a sun siren.

I was young and heartbroken

She was younger and naive

Her escape let to the death of my parents. They let me no choice when they threatened to expose me to the pack.

Grey's POV

Two weeks and still nothing more then a vague location. Wendy came and brought some friends from Europe to help search. The extra help is useful, but we don't have an exact location to go to.

Ryder is slowly going crazy. Joey has to take over al his tasks and responsibilities. He is a beta not an alpha so these tasks take lots of his time and energy.

Joey barely has free time because he has his own responsibilities and Ryder's and Adam's. I try to help him out as much as I can but I took over Rebels tasks as luna. I'm the female beta of this pack so that means that Joey and I are in charge of the warriors and the training of new wolves. Not really luna material.

This all is to much. And that is without counting the worries I have for Rebel. Every girl needs her best friend ones in a while especially when things get ruff.

Crying is normally a thing I don't do but these two weeks been full with tears.

The fact that I'm holding a photo of me and Rebel when we were young and that I'm in my period doesn't really help either.

There's a knock on the closet door and I wipe my tears away. Yes I'm in the closet, don't judge with a blanket, pillow, chocolate and a flashlight it's not that bad.

"What are you doing in the closet?" Joey asks and I look up at him.

"Not crying if think I was doing that" I mumble and eat another piece of chocolate.

He kneels down next to me and whips my cheeks with his thumbs. His weak smile is all I see before everything gets blurry.

I feel the tears run down my cheeks when Joey pulls me into a hug. I burry my face in his chest and he talks sweet nothings into my ear.

There is a bang sound coming from the hallway so we break apart. Joey gets up, grabs my hand and runs trough the hallway.

We end up at the stairs and see Ryder laying at the bottom. He is trying to lift him self up but I see his arms shaking because of how much strength this is costing him.

We run down and help him to sit up. Ryder shakes off our hands but grabs the wall for support instead.

"What are you doing here?" Joey asks Ryder.

"I was looking for you two" he replies while pointing at us.

"You could have just mind linked one of us, the pack doctor says it is bad for you to be out of bed for to long" Joey say while place my hand on Ryder's forehead.

"You're burning up you idiot, get back to bed" I say.

"But-" he tries to protest.

"No buts, I know the only thing that can make you better is Rebel but if you don't rest you will be dead before we even found her" I stop him and point into the direction of his room.

"I get that but I-" he tries again.

"You heard her go-" Joey says but stops when Ryder's lets out a low growl as warning.

"I you let me finish talking. I wanted to say that- that-" he start to stumble over his words and reaches for the wall for support. We try to help him stand but he passes out and hits his head against the stairs.

The rest is a blur.

We panic and call in the pack doctor. He explained that his body needed rest and without real sleep it was just a matter of time before this would happen.

Ryder is in some kind of coma and the doctor doesn't know how we can wake him up.

They brought him to his room and plugged in all kinds of wires.

I'm working on the packs paperwork and the heart beating machine thingy is driving me crazy. We all take shifts to stay at Ryder's side. Because if anything happens there's always someone there.

I lift up the paperwork and put them in my bag. A pen rolls out of my pencil case towards Ryder's closet.

When I bent down to pic it up I see that his closet is a little open. I open the door and gabs when I see what's on the inside of the doors.

There's a map, names, lists of locations, pictures and al kind of other research material. One thing catches my eye the most.

A big red circle on the map. But in the circle there's no land? 'Let's call Joey, I think Ryder just might have found where Rebel is' my wolf says.

Open books are scattered around all floors

Ryders scent is fresh

I hope you enjoy this chapter,

Byeeee👋🏻