~The girl~

~Ryder's Point Of View~

"I swear to the goddess that I will call Grey!" Arabella shouts and stares up at me from the water

I don't pay attention to her words, I'm too busy staring at the golden tail coming out underneath her blue dress. The sharp scales shimmer in the sunlight. Her long slender fins look out of place in the muddy pond water.

Arabella shouts a string of original curses while she struggles to get herself out of the water.

"You already knew didn't you?" She asks and lets herself fall backwards on the grass.

"I had my suspicions but I needed to know for sure." I say and crouch down besides her.

"So you couldn't just ask?" Arabella says as she tries to catch her breath.

"Would you have given me a honest answer?"

She thinks for a second. "Fair enough." She mutters.

"Now that you know my secret you have to tell me yours." Arabella says.

~

"It all started not long before before we met." I start to explain.

After Arabella dried up her tail disappeared. I waited until we were settled inside the green house before I started talking.

"I was fourteen years old and the second son of the Alpha and Luna from the Dark River pack. My life was great to be honest, me and Joey were training to become pack warriors, I loved my parents and had a great bond with my older brother."

"You have a brother?"

"I do, he should be twenty eight by now. We were close as kids but grew apart over the years. He was going to be the alpha and spent all his time making sure he would be the best at it." I say with a smile.

"I was on my way home from practice when it happened."

~

A shot rings through the air.

My ear peek up and my head shoots in the direction of the pack house, my house.

I can't think clearly as my feet carry me to the sound when another shot rings followed by a dozen more.

The scent of blood fills my scenes when I burst through the back door.

I follow the scent to the source in the upstairs living room.

Two people lie in the middle of on the floor. Their blood stain the old carpet.

My parents.

I girl sits beside my mother. She has her hands pressed against one of my mothers gushing wounds. Her blonde hair is dirty and she's covered in bruises and blood.