Chapter 6: Stuck and Stubborn

Samus's P.O.V

I woke up to a sharp pain on my right leg. My head hurt like hell and I barely remembered anything. Where am I anyways? I looked around to find Pikachu sleeping right next to me. Thank god he wasn't hurt.

"You're finally awake." I heard a deep raspy voice behind and I looked back to find a man in a camoflauged suit sitting against a tree.

"Who are you!" I shouted as I positioned my cannon towards the man, and immediately realized that I didn't have my power suit on. Well shit. I hated not wearing my suit. I didn't exactly know why, but maybe because I felt safe and private in it. As of now, I felt utterly exposed.

"No need to fear me girl." The man spoke up as if he was reading my mind.

"Fear? I'm sorry but I am far from understanding what that word even means." I replied provokatively. 

"Well I'm sure." He did not seem threatened in any way and carelessly lit up a cigarette.

"Where is my power suit!" I was getting irritated by this unknown man and his attitude.

"Right there. It's useless. I saw you crash into the ground with that yellow thing and it was in pieces. Your condition was pretty severe so I had to get you out of it. The yellow thing seems to be doing pretty good though." My anger disappeared within seconds as I heard his words. I felt embarrassed that this unknown man had carried me out here and took care of Pikachu and I. I was silenced by his words.

"You shouldn't move around too much though. You're infected from your cuts and you have a fever." The man warned me. Only then did I realise that it had been hours, or even days since the crash.

"I don't take orders." I said coldly. I was too proud to admit that I was feeling weak. I attempted to walk. 

 I instantly felt a stinging pain from my leg throughout my body and felt dizzy. I fell backwards but the man caught me right away.

"Don't...touch me." I tried to sound cold but the man laughed it off.

He picked me up in what's known as bridal style and put me down next to Pikachu. I was honestly infuriated, and absolutely embarrassed, because I had never allowed anyone carry me in my whole entire life. Not that I allowed this man but I was too weak to protest against it. 

"I see you have never let anyone carry you." The man laughed again. I was irritated by the condescending tone of his voice but he was obviously too strong for my currently, abnormally weak body to fight. 

Who is this man anyways?  

"I'm Solid Snake. A mercenary. Tell your name." The man read my mind again.

"Soldiers don't need names." I whispered.

"Strong and proud I see. I will find out sooner or later." He smirked. 

"Well first, we need to get you better or else I'm stuck here forever taking care of you." 

Like I needed some unknown man to survive!

Snake disappeared for a few minutes and came back with some water. He took out a cloth, soaked it in the water and put it on my forehead. I then finally gave up my stubbornness.

"Samus Aran." I said quietly.

"Samus. A soldier I assume. Care to tell me why you were crashing to the ground from the sky?" Snake asked. He didn't seem so surprised at how easily I gave in.

"Well.. I came to this planet for a mission because I got some information that...some group of bad guys were planning an invasion on this world with the use of subspace bombs. Then I was attacked." I answered.

"I got the same information from my superior. How did you get that info? It's classified." Snake questioned.

"Because that, my man, is Samus Aran, the bounty hunter who used to be a Galactic Federation soldier." I heard an unfamiliar voice.

"That's from my codec and the man speaking is Otacon." Snake took a few seconds before he actually processed what his partner said.

"Wait Galactic Federation? Man I see why you are such a proud woman! I mean strong." Snake said with an excitement.

Before I could say anything back, I noticed that Pikachu was finally waking up.

"That yellow thing is up." Snake noted.

"I noticed. By the way he's not a 'yellow thing'. He's a Pokemon and has a name. Pikachu." I once again replied coldly. 

"Pikaaaa..." Pikachu yawned and stretched out his short limbs. 

"Well hello there buddy. How are you feeling?" Samus asked in a caring, soft voice as she pet him. 

"I see how it is. You're cold as ice to me but you act like a sweet mom to that yellow thing." The soldier face palmed. 

I chuckled and realised that I had almost forgot my current condition. Somehow this Snake man helped me feel better. Just a little bit though.