ch.2 Moving On

A month after Annabeth's death, Percy was finally able to laugh with the rest of his family. Even though when he did the sparkle in his eyes were gone.
All of his friends from camp half-blood came to visit him one time or another, to visit Annabeth's grave or to meet their children. But the main reason was always to cheer Percy up.

Sally and Paul visited him with Estelle who was almost 13. Sally made him a big batch of blue cookies knowing that they will work their magic at some point.

The Hunters of Artemis came and camped near New Rome
Thalia ran to Percy. Percy, being the only male Artemis ever acknowledged, the hunters didn't even glare at them hugging.
Finally, Thalia spoke through sobs. "What were her last words?''

"She'll punch me in the gut and glare at me''

Thalia laughed for the first time since she heard the news.
"That's the wise girl I know!''

"Yeah, it is...''

"You shouldn't blame yourself Perce, you know she wouldn't want that''

"But Thals if I was there just a second earlier... just a second...
Then maybe she'll be standing right here with us...''

"Come on kelp head...''

Then they were interrupted by an IM message.

Percy didn't waste his time "Chiron! What happened? Is every thing alright at Camp?''

"Oh, everything is quite alright Percy. Just that... I know it's still not long since Annabeth's death but... Rachel has delivered another prophecy.''

"No!! I refuse!!''
Percy said not even willing to hear out what Chiron had to say.

"Calm down Percy. I know it's been a harsh time for you but the prophecy is not one to be afraid of and was not spoken in riddles. I know of the place and what you must do. So please for Annabeth's sake please come to meet me at camp tomorrow at
1 pm.''

"Only for Annabeth. I am not doing this for the Gods''
thunder rumbled far away.

Thalia who was silent during the call suddenly spoke up.
"Chiron can I come to? I haven't gone to camp for almost a year now and I wanted to take some time off with Lucas and Zoë because I'm their godmother, and I haven't talked to them properly for again, about a year...?''

"Of course my dear. Will you be staying at the Zeus cabin or the Artemis cabin?''

"I'll take the Zeus cabin, thanks.''

"I'll ask the harpies to prepare another bed for you. Percy how about you do you need anything added to your cabin for the children? Do we need to child proof anything?''

"Oh my gods Chiron don't be such a grandma they'll be fine they're Annabeth's children after all.'' Percy said as his eyes grew dark.

"Ok, I understand. I'm sorry this prophecy asked for you Percy.
I truly am.''

"It's fine. The prophecy wasn't your fault it's their's.''
Percy said pointing up. Thunder rumbling in the distance once more.

"See you at the big house tomorrow! bye Percy, Thalia.''

"Bye Chiron.''
"See you soon.''

Then Percy brushed his hand through the mist making Chiron's image disappear.

Then Percy suddenly yelled towards the shadows,
"Lucas! Zoë! Go and pack up! And stop eavesdropping!''

The twins stepped out of the shadows with a slightly mischievous grin on their faces.

"Okay,'' they yelled back in unision.

"Ah kids'' he sighed like it explained everything.

Thalia could barely contain her laughter. "They're - ju-just - like - y-you'' she said after a series of coughing and wheezing.

"Oh shut it!!'' And for the first time in a month, his sparkle in his eyes returned. Slowly accepting her death.
Then he felt a push of wind and from the wind, he heard her voice.
"I'll always love you
seaweed brain. But now is the time to move on. Stay strong for them will you?''

"Of course wise girl.
Anything for you.''

End of chapter 2