ch.14 Defense Against the Dark Arts

Percy's p.o.v.

We flashed ourselves to McGonagall's office, still buzzing with power and joy, as I had just become a god, and Annabeth was back. 

Annabeth kissed me on the cheek the moment we materialised. I smirked. She hit my head at my reaction. McGonnagall coughed and we looked up. She gestured Annabeth and Will. Then we started explaining.

"Minnie, this is my wife Annabeth and Will is Nico's husband. Since Thalia, Nico and I are the DADA teachers I was wondering if you could announce to the students the new arrangements and agree with them being teachers with us.''

"Of course but under one condition.''

"Yes...?''

"Tell me your life story some other time. I never had the chance to learn it because I was in the wizarding world.''

"Any time.'' I grin and say. I quickly add,
"Oh, and Minnie, all of us just turned into gods...''

She looked speechless. She stared at me for a second and I let my godly aura appear, just a little bit. She looked convinced and said,

"The other teachers know of your parentage but let us keep this a secret.''

I nod in appreciation.

We then flash ourselves to our classroom.

We surprise a group of 30 children who look like they're around 17 to 18. I found Harry, Ron and Hermione in the croud.
I start the class.

"This year we will be looking into non-verbal spells and physical training. For those who want to be aurors this will be the perfect chance to improve your skills. Even those who wish to have a different life, physical strength will always come in handy.''

I make all the chairs and tables disappear after making the students stand.

"Now give me 20 push ups and sit ups!''

The students groan but do as they're told. Harry yells,

"Why are we the only ones doing it. If you're teachers do you not need to do warm ups anymore''
Ron sniggers.

I sigh and say,
"All teachers will participate, but Harry and Ron, you'll be doing 10 extra.''

Harry and Ron glare at me. They had started to hate me ever since I came to Hogwarts. Seriously! What had I done! Hermione wasn't talking to them anymore. I wondered what had happened but it slipped my mind as we all fell to the ground and started push ups. All the teachers finished much quicker than the students and weren't even out of breath. The students finished 5 minutes later and were panting like a dog on a hot summer day.
I rolled my eyes and said,

"Homework will be to learn at least 5 non-verbal spells and perform them in front of me next class. All teachers have extremely good ears so don't try to cheat. Now, class dismissed!''

Harry's p.o.v.

I really hated that new teacher. He seemed so nice and I was starting to grow onto him but when Ron noticed his dark mark I knew that this was all his plan. That's why Hermione had sided with him! She was being tricked! After we had shown him so much kindness as well. I bet that beautiful girl was forced into marrying him and actually hated him. I knew it was the same for the other new teacher, Will? As well. I bet the other death eaters had forced him into marrying him as well! Oh poor Annabeth! Forced to have a child of a man she hates! It's all right I'll save you! I thought as I left DADA not even willing to do the homework.

Hermione's p.o.v.

That was the best DADA class ever! I wanted to become Ministress of Magic so non-verbal magic had to be one of my strong suits, but that was one thing you can't learn from books.

I, and many other girls were disappointed when we saw Percy's wife but she was beautiful, strong, and smart so we grudgingly accepted.

I was disappointed at the two boys whom I thought were my friends for 7 years. They were too stuck up just because they defeated Voldemort. The sorting hat himself said that Percy went through more than Harry did when he was 12. Harry was too used to the spot light and Ron was just used to being his sidekick.

I did hope that they'll find some sense, so until then I stayed with Neville, Luna, Ginny and Malfoy. It was a wonderful group. I had much more fun then I did with Harry and Ron. My new friends had manners and were polite and were smart and funny at the same time. It was brilliant!

3rd person p.o.v.

Nobody noticed as the dark shadow loomed into the students minds.
(A/N And I don't mean Annabeth when I say 'nobody')

End of chapter 14