ch.11 Hogwarts

Percy's p.o.v.

We got off the Hogwarts express after changing into our robes. I felt a surge of sympathy for all the girls wearing skirts. It feels so uncomfortable!
The first thing I thought of as I saw the castle was,
Annabeth would've loved this place. We were following the golden trio so far until I heard our names being called.
My hand naturally slipped into my pocket, holding riptide. I was about to take the cap off as I saw a gigantic man/giant walk towards us. If it weren't for the knowledge Hecate had blessed us with, I would've cut him into bits. My brain told me that he was Hagrid, Hogwarts' game keeper. I shouted back,

"We're here Hagrid!!''
He turned around.

"Oh, I though' I migh' find ya here. Yer supposed to be with the firs' 'ears!''
He said through a thick British accent.

"Thanks we'll head there immediately.''

We walked towards the lake with many first years as excited as we were. Zoë and Lucas rushed to them noticing that they were first years as well. I hoped that they'll get along well because they never had a chance to become friends with other children their age.

We each went on a boat. I was with Neeks and Thals. Nico and Thalia were getting as close to me as possible for protection from my father's domain, even if Hecate convinced the big three to lift that curse.
We finally arrived at the castle. The insides were even more amazing than the outside. The portraits were moving! Even though I knew all of this, it was still amazing to actually face it.
A scary looking woman with shimmering green robes appeared. Ah, the daughter of Hecate. She went on and explained the exact same thing Hecate had taught us. She came over to us and said,

"My name's professor McGonagall. Though you may call me Minnie or Minerva!''
She's hiding her true personality usually. I mentally noted to myself.
"I've heard many stories about you Percy, as well as Annabeth...''
She stopped wondering if it was a touchy subject.

"I've decided to honour her instead of nagging on for ages''

Minnie's eyes lit up and nodded,
"She would've wanted you to do that, but there maybe a surprise waiting for you later...''
I was curious but I didn't want to ruin the 'surprise'.

I pushed open the doors to the great hall. Apparently normal people can't do that without magic so the entire hall's sound went down to hushed whispers.

The first years went forward, looking up and admiring the ceiling, which was enchanted to look like it had no roof. I found Zoë's constellation and wiped my eyes quickly, making it look like I had something in my eye.
We walked up to a stool and saw Minnie standing by it with what looked like a worn out hat. She called out the first name,

"Alberts, Hannah'' Minnie read, and placed the old hat on her. The hat suddenly wrinkled up to show what looked like a pair of closed eyes and a thin mouth. After a minute or two the mouth opened wide and said,
"Hufflepuff!''

"Anderson, Benita''

"Slytherin!''

It went on like this until it was Lucas' turn.

"Jackson, Lucas'' Minnie read.

The hat stayed silent for 10 minutes. After another 5, it finally shouted,

"Griffindor!''
The Griffindor table cheered.

"Jackson, Zoë''

He stayed silent for 15 minutes and said,

"Griffindor!''
The Griffindor table cheered again.

It finished with
Zubrowka Michael who was sorted into Ravenclaw.

After the cheers died down. Minnie stood at the podium and spoke up. Her presence silencing the students.
"We will be joined by three new teachers this year for your defense against the dark arts lessons. They have come all the way from America.
Your main teacher will be Professor Jackson but, Professor Solangelo and Professor...Grace'' she looked at Thals for approval and she nodded without really caring. I guess naming her thunderbird 'Grace' was helping alot.
"Will accompany him with his classes.''

Hermione's p.o.v.

After McGonagall announced the new DADA teachers, I looked at Harry and Ron and whispered,

''we would've known that if we stayed in their compartment!!''

I realized that this was the reason why they were able to get on board the train. It was so simple and normally I would've got this instant logic, but after I saw Professor Jackson, my brain's been fuzzy all day.

I saw Mr. Jackson walk up to the stool as McGonagall called out,

"Jackson Perseus''

He sat down and looked up at the sorting hat.
After a few minutes, Mr. Jackson looked sad after hearing something the hat said. Then the sorting hat jumped up I didn't know hats could do that and dropped on the ground and if it weren't for McGonagall grabbing it would've dragged it's self away. It was trembling and crying if hats could cry and said,

"His memory is enough. He went through more than the boy who lived at age 17 when he was 12!!

Griffindor for all three teachers, as this kind hero shared his painful memories for you two to be sorted and that you two wouldn't have to recall your memories yourselves.''

The whole school went into excited whispers and Ron started whispering as well.

"How could he have been through more than Harry! More importantly, I saw a dark mark on his arm when he went to the hat. I bet he's using magic to confuse all the other teachers and the hat.''

"Of course not Ron!! Why would such a handso... a teacher be a death eater?''
I immediately chirped in slightly blushing as I nearly used the 'H' word on a teacher.

Ron noticed this and said, ''You favour a man you just met who has children over your boyfriend whom you've known for over 7 years?! Bloody hell Hermione. I'm not sure if I could stay with you if your like this!!''

I was now furious.
"Fine!! I'm breaking up with you Ronald Weasley!! Don't ever talk to me again!!''
I yelled and ran off to the Griffindor tower, asking the password from Nearly Headless Nick. Later noticing that I made quite a scene.

Hmph! He should just be embarrassed for what he's done. Why can't he be more like Mr. Jackson? He was so kind and considerate on whatever their past was for his friends.

Percy's p.o.v.

After Hermione left, Ron left as well, not handling the embarrassment very well.
"Mr. Jackson will be appointed as new head of Griffindor'' Minnie said.

I turned around and saw something shimmering appear in front of me. A ghost said,

"A new ghost is coming!!''

Nico raised his eyebrow but remembered that these ghosts had permission to be here and looked back at the shimmering stuff.

When I looked back at it, a woman with a beaded necklace and a t-shirt with the words 'Camp Half-Blood' appeared. I closed my eyes and the next second I opened it,

There she was.

My beautiful wife.

Annabeth.

End of chapter 11