ch.19 Training

Percy's p.o.v.

''Let the training begin!''

I said as Hermione, Draco, Luna and Neville came into the training arena. They were really excited yesterday when we started the training. We only focused on muscle building and breath control yesterday so hopefully today they can choose their own weapons and we can concentrate on that.

''We'll be giving you a demonstration for different types of weapons you can use. I use Anaklusmos which is Greek for Riptide, a leaf-shaped sword, Annabeth uses her dagger (A/N lets just say she got it back from Hades as well as Daedalus' laptop.), Piper uses Katoptris, which means looking glass in Greek and is also a dagger, Jason uses his gladius, a long sword. Frank and Thalia both use bows and arrows, though Thalia has Aegis which is her shield with a bronzed head of Medusa on it.  Hazel uses a Spatha which is a cavalry sword and is rounded at the tip. Hazel loves her horse Arion so it's perfect for her. Nico has a stygian iron sword. An underworld metal, made from the river Styx.  The rest of us don't have proper weapons but they have magical items. Grover uses his reed pipes to grow plants to make cages or ropes to capture you, Calypso can make illusions with her mist, Leo uses a celestial bronze hammer, and finally Will doesn't fight on the front line. He's mainly our healer.''

''Wow...'' Hermione said, truly impressed by our weapons.

''Each of you will have a different balance to your sword. So choose the weapon which suits you, and isn't too heavy, too bulky, too light or too slender. We have many weapons and time so choose wisely and similar to wands, you don't choose the weapon, the weapon chooses you.'' said wise girl.

The four went around the arena picking up swords and daggers, bows and arrows each trying them on dummies.  They finally found their pair and chose.

Hermione, a dagger. Is it a daughter of Athena thing

Draco, a gladius. Fully Roman!

Neville, bow and arrows. Better at long distance I see? Woah I sound like that hat!

And Luna, a spatha. maybe because she likes thestrals...

They each went to their coaches who specialised in that weapon. Draco went to Jason. Luna went to Hazel, Neville went to Frank and Thalia, Hermione went to Annabeth and Piper. The rest of us did some laps, push ups and sparred with each other. It was time for dinner so we let the students go to eat. We had a shower and flashed/shadow travelled us all to the entrance of the hall and walked up to the teacher's table. 

Harry's p.o.v.

Hermione and Neville sat next to us on the Gryffindor table slightly late for supper. They were sweating and looked really tired.  I was just really happy that they were sitting with us again.

Soon after, the teachers came in and walked up to their tables.  McGonagall stood at the podium.

''We are joined by 9 more teachers today. I believe you will recognize some of them, as they have joined your classes today. They have all come from America, and I expect you to respect them as much as you do for the other teachers. They will now be sorted.''

''Grace, Jason''

''Gryffindor!''

''Grace, Piper''

''Gryffindor!''

''Levesque, Hazel''

''Hufflepuff!''

''Jackson, Annabeth''

''Gryffindor!''

''Solangelo, Will''