We're all liars (14)

[13 years ago]

I was under the orange tree  beside the stables. I have spent ten minutes here hiding from my friends. Blake and Miranda. We were playing hide and seek. It was Blake’s turn to find us and he was the best seeker ever.

I had to climb the tree and hide in between the branches.   “He wouldn't find me here" I said to myself as I got comfortable in my position. I heard him coming closer and couldn't contain myself from smiling almost smirking. I knew I was going to win this time.
He passed underneath me looking everywhere for me. Behind the bushes, inside the stables, under a small cave and even in the corn field. I laughed lowly, watching him get tired. He started to call my name but eventually he knew I was hidden in a very well place.

I saw him walk away without looking back. He had a frustrated expression with a mix of curiosity. When he saw far away from my spot I climbed down the tree, but I was a dumb twelve year old, and slipped away until my knees hit the floor hard. I twisted my arm trying to avoid hitting my face.

I stayed there like a strong girl trying my best to resist the pain.  I held my knees and without thinking I started to cry. I had to walk to the house to tell dad what happened but I didn't want to tell anyone.  I was embarrassed of falling down a tree.

I pushed the pain away and stood up holding my painful arm. I was in the middle of the corn field when I spotted Miranda and Blake running towards me. I always had the gift to pretend. I quickly fixed my clothes and hair and smiled at Blake.

“ I won! You couldn't find me" I screamed excited.

“ Wow Liv, you need to teach me how to hide! He found me in two minutes”  Miranda said smiling at me. She looked away when she heard her name being called. It was her mom.

“ Oh! I have to go! But I'll have my revenge one day!” she stuck her tongue to Blake and then ran towards her mom.
I tried to disguise the pain in my head but I knew I was going to fail soon. It was the first time I wanted Blake to go home right away. 

“ Where were you? I looked for you everywhere”  he said exaggerating the truth.

“ I was in a tree" I told him while looking back to see the tree, only to confirm it was really tall.

“ You could've hurt yourself,  Liv. You're always so reckless!” Blake said while we walked towards the house. He surprised me when he took my hand. I didn't know why he did but I liked it.

I looked to the other side and a small cute smile made its way to my innocent lips. I felt my cheeks burning as he touched by hand.

“I was careful! You need to learn to trust me" I said, hurt. He never trusted me.

“Okay Liv! Whatever you say but remember that next time I'll know where you are." he said letting go of my hand which felt immediately cold.

He said goodbye after that. He kissed my cheek and left running towards his ranch.

I walked inside the house still in pain but a voice that provoked weird feelings in me interrupted my agony.

“Hey Liv! Is Mr. Davis home?” A sixteen year old Joshua came walking into our living room. Wearing nothing but jeans and boots. I wasn't used to seeing him without a shirt and it was embarrassing me.

“ No, I haven't!  I said looking at my arm.

“ Are you okay Liv?” he asked getting closer to me slowly.