Try to understand (13)

I was so confused. Blake was in love with me before he was with Miranda? He came after me? Camille wasn't his biological child? My mother took my letter? Nothing was making sense to me right now. I looked up and I saw him moving toward me. I held out my hand to stop him.

" I don't need you to make it better, Blake" I said.

" I'm sorry, Liv." he whispered in a brittled tone. It broke my heart to hear him almost crying. The last time I heard him like this was when his brother died.

" Blake, I can understand you guys had sex. Of course I do" I reassured when I saw his surprise " It's not like you had to be faithful to me. We were never together. We weren't even sure about what feelings we had...well I thought we weren't sure but you said the letter... anyway the point is, you love her now. It might not have started the way you wanted but you have your happy family now" I said softly letting a few more tears make their way down my cheeks and slide right on to my neck.

" I'm not proud of myself, okay? But once I saw how happy you were I knew how I felt didn't really matter anymore. I loved you enough to let you be happy. I accepted that I was too late."

"God! You guys lied to me! Camille isn't even your daughter" I said bitterly.

His jaw dropped when he heard my tone. He was obviously surprised at how cold I sounded.

" Don't go there Liv. We made a mistake thinking we could actually help each other forget that we were both losing people we love. As I said we were only kids at heart still, making stupid decisions. Camille was the best thing that could happen to us in the middle of the chaos we felt. We don't need to share the same blood for her to be mine." he looked at me harshly.

"You walked away without giving me a chance to decide for myself Blake. You decided for me." I let out a small soft groan.

He had a different look in his wild green eyes. One I couldn't bare to see right now.

" I think you need to go. Joshua is waiting for you" I simply told him. My voice flat and calm. I wanted to be alone and let the immense hole I felt in my chest go out.

" Do you think we're going to end this conversation like this?" he asked getting closer to me.

"Yes" I said as my chest went high pridefully.

" I did what I thought was best for you. You ended up happy though so all's well that ends well right?" he said with a sad smile "See you tomorrow, Liv" he took a few steps back leaving me there frozen in the chair I was still seated on. I breathed slowly holding back my tears.

" Goodnight, Liv. Are you okay?" I saw Joshua peeping his head out the front door. He knit his eyebrows until a cute worried expression appeared on his face.

" Yes. I'm good. I need to sleep, those two exhausted me" I laughed covering up how I truly felt.

The way he looked at me and then smiled, nodding his head, told me he knew I wasn't okay. He walked out with Blake. I heard him talking about a new case he was working on while they made their way to the truck.

It was two in the morning and I felt sleep deprived. I have been trying to avoid these stressful situations that only lead me to have too many sleepless nights. I went to the kitchen and desperately looked for a wine glass. I opened the mini bar and found a bottle of red wine. I drank what remained in less than thirty minutes.

Now that I was alone and thinking, I didn't blame Blake for moving on. He never knew I was in love with him. I never told him. I never showed it. Miranda was the one who destroyed the trust I had in her. The fact that she was sick didn't make it easier for me to forgive her. Miranda knew about my feelings for Blake and yet, she moved on, with him. She should have at least been sure before making such a big leap with the guy she knows I loved.