Face to face (17)

I woke up to the annoying sound of my phone in the distance. I covered my body again under the blankets and ignored whoever was calling me. I was drifting back to sleep when I heard a persistent knock on my door. I didn't want to face the day and whoever was persistently trying to find me was stopping me from my mission.

I looked through the peephole to see a nervous ,Will, outside the door with an anxious Bettany beside him. I fixed my hair and pajamas before opening the door for them.

“ We've been calling you all morning!  Have you checked your phone?” Will asked as he pointed towards the phone laying in the bed.

“ Obviously I haven't!” I said in a sudden bad mood.

“ Morning!  Bettany!” I said ignoring Will and walking to the bathroom to brush my teeth. She nodded not wanting to talk due to the tension Will irradiated.  He kept on talking while standing on the door frame.

“ Last night your interview with Jolly provoked so many emotions in your fans. They are bombarding social networks with hate messages towards Ryan and some others feel betrayed because they say you're re a liar. Also Ryan was seen this morning arriving at his lawyers office and a few minutes later we got a call for an unplanned reunion with them today at 4 p.m. And it's eleven in the morning!” he said rapidly as I looked at him with my toothbrush hanging on my lips. My confused expression was enough for him to flip and walk back to the small living room.

I finished and walked to sit on the kitchen counter to have breakfast. Bettany was already there with a bowl of fitness cereal for me.

“  Will, you need to calm down. We knew this was going to happen and what fans think right now isn’t not something I can deal with at the moment. As for Ryan’s sudden request, well we knew he was going to do something as low as to ask for an audience which he thinks I won't be able to attend in time" I said while eating the cereal.

“ You're certainly relaxed with all the things that are going on, did you get laid last night?  Because Liv, we don't need another scandal right now" he said jokingly trying to hide his anxiety.

“ Not funny Will! I just had a good night sleep”  I said with a small smile. After Blake asked me to come back I talked to Miranda and Joshua. We hung up right before the interview started. Before I got to sleep I got a message from Blake. That said “ After watching this shit Liv...I'm not making the same mistake twice"  I didn't know what he meant by that but I had the feeling that he will stay close this time. It got me in a real good mood.

“ I wish you could give me some good night sleep as well. I have been getting calls for interviews,  Liv" he said tiredly while grabbing a cigarette from his pocket.

“Ewk Will, go away to smoke that. We have time to get to California.  Right now it's eight in the morning over there. I'll be ready in an hour or two and we can take a flight there" I said while walking away from him and gesturing Bettany to follow me. She has been too quiet this morning. 

“ We need to get you ready, Liv" she whispered and started to get me ready to travel again to the next destination. 

“ Why are you so quiet?” I asked. I was concerned at her silent behavior.

“  I'm sorry Liv.  Last night during that interview I realized have been a terrible friend. You were suffering and here I was talking about my marriage…” she lowered her voice until she couldn't find anything else to say.

“ You don't have to feel this way! I was the one who didn't tell you and I'm so happy for you, Bet" I walked closer and nudged her into a short hug.

She soon finished with my hair by putting it in a messy braid. She picked a pair of blue skinny jeans, a short denim jacket, bottom white dress shirt and a pair of beige boots.