EPILOGUE

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ EPILOGUE ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

       I BENT DOWN, stared and astonished. I take a look on the painting again and the picture is not moving anymore.

       "...It's over." I said to myself.

       Then I noticed, there's a lid in the back of the painting and I opened it. There's a small optical disk inside it. And of course, it's the Pirates Of The Carribean: Curse Of The BlackPearl CD inside of the painting. I furrowed my brows, still wondering and realized. I ejected the CD out—

       "...Oh, you're still here?"

       Suddenly, I hear footsteps and snapped my eyes towards the door. Grandpa sauntered inside the room and look surprised, "...Wait, you ...Have you?"

       I stared at him feeling inquisitive, not sure what to begin. "...Was that all real?"

       He paused for a moment. "Well it depends on perpective, my dear, but as for me, ...it was. Wait, you just came here, right?"

       I showed him the CD and smiled. "The story behind the painting and all of those your grand adventures you'd told me when I was a little. It's all real?"

       Grandpa only stood there in the door, staring at me. I waited his answers and explanations about it , but suddenly I see something in his hand. "What’s that?"

       Grandpa looked the object clutched to his arms. "Oh, I forgot I should've given this book to you a little sooner."

       "...A book?" I stood up and looked into it. A Secret Files Of The East India Trading Company? What is this?

       " —By Thomas Faye?" I asked, astonished. "They always mentioned him. I've been waiting for this answers. I wonder why he seems sounds so important? Why Captain Barbossa is mad at him for his old ship and why would they thought I'm his relative?!"

       I stopped and come to mind, wondering. "...Wait, are you called... Thomas Faye, Grandpa?"

       He opened the book. "He's an author and served in the company. He writes fact file of informations from the perspective of the East India Trading Company. And... No, I am not Mr. Faye. He -umm -didn't I tell he was my father yet? and he was also ...gone too. Well, most people called me 'Benedict' before."

       I blinked thrice in surprise. There are two things in my mind makes me astonished again; Thomas Faye? His father? My great grandfather?

       "Benedict?" I recalled. "The marine from the Dauntless ship I met there." I gazes into his eyes, "It's you! You...You've been there all along..."

       Grandpa only smiled. "I'm glad you're back. Well, I was quite worried about you." He looked down, shocked. "...And wait, your hands."

       He looked into my wounded palm. "What happened?"

       "It's nothing... It's okay, it's healing now." I shook my head.

       " —Forgive me, dear. I'm terribly sorry you went to those venture and had involved with it. I should have told you before."

       "Oh, it's alright, grandpa. I'm fine. It's the best journey I ever had so far. Oh please tell me, grandpa..." I gaped. "...Will I ever had a chance to go back again?"

       "I suppose so, but..." Grandpa gazes into my eyes but shook his head. "I assure you dear, it's not that quite simple."

       I furrowed my brows. "Why?"

      "I'm afraid it will draws you somewhere else and I don't think you'll get back in there eventually." He said. "You see... I've already tried."

      "But perhaps you can put another CD on it?" I asked, tenaciously. "It's still works, right?"

      "I expect so." Grandpa peered his eyes at me again, wondering. "...Well, is that what you really want, (Y/N)? I wonder what makes you feel so inclined to go back there?" He smiled. "...Have you met someone?"

       My expression changed. "...I met a lot of them."

       He beamed. "And of course, there's a special person?"

       I paused for a moment. I heard the words in my head, and I didn't even try to stop it because I knew they were true. My heart fluttered."...I could not have gotten where I was without their help. Yet, he's a good man."

       I climb up, placing the painting back at the top of the hearth. I noticed the Black Pearl sailing out of sight of the view of the picture.

       "...I suppose you had a lot to share of your stories." He said, walking into the door. "And perhaps we had lot to talk about today."      

       My heart leaped and a wild hope rose within me. I gave him a smile. "Well... We have had a time."

The End.

---

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ FOLLOW ME ❈  ◦•≫ ──── ≪