CHAPTER 5: A Mussed Plan

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ 5 ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

       MY HEAD POUNDING, I opened my eyes, wincing immediately at the harsh light. I could smell the stiff smoke whizzing at my nose, I turned over with a jolt seeing a mess at the surrounding. The entire town was falling apart. How barely I had recalled what happened last night, full weight had indeed hit me. I thought it's all some elaborate nightmare but evidently it's not.

       Looking around to see I was on the floor, helpless. I lifted myself up, brushed off my clothes and started totter towards the town.

       I wandered around, watching where the people cleaned up the mess what pirates had left last night, and found the navies gathered into the fort. All of a sudden, lost in thought, I stopped there thinking what to do until I settle myself to calm and intend to just kept walking.

       The place was dreadful, there are lot of dead people laid down and buried on the ground, and most of their houses and shops were ruined and burned. How it's awful severe and merciless what pirates had done.

       Evidently, it's not actually a good places to pull of stakes through ancient times, I had realized.

       Soon I walked upon the pack of burned objects scattered around the floor and helped the citizen to take it. I started packing it and gave it to them.

       But I hesitated, as I reached out the burned wrecked wooden frame picture as it seemed familiar to me. I rubbed it out with my hand over its rough wood and burned picture of the painting, until I had remembered.

       The painting...

       I squinted my eyes.

       Oh, yes! Last night! The pirate has the painting! YES!! Why did I forget that?!

       Soon I remembered something important. I quickly dugged into my pocket and took the note.

       'Don't forget, don't ever lose the painting.'

       I just stood there trying to clear my thoughts...

       Don't ever lose the painting? I just did, how could I know? What am I suppose to d--

       -OF COURSE! IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO GET HOME AGAIN! THAT'S WHY GRANDPA IS SO KEEN, ODDLY STILL KEEPING IT AND ALWAYS TELLING US ABOUT THE PAINTING! He's not bonkers at all, and of course, it's the only thing he could get back way home...