CHAPTER 19: Almost Home

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ 19 ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

       "I KNOW WHAT I want, I know what I want." I scattered around while talking into Jack's compass. I wished it was here. I hope I'm not wrong. "...I know what I want. PLEASE WORK THIS TIME..."

       I glanced into the compass and the needle point is still spinning. I wonder why it stopped working with me.

       " —Have you found it yet?" Jack looked around.

       "...No." I sifted rummaging through the pile of treasures and scanned the area. It's the opportune time to find that bloody painting.

       The cave went all quiet, and neither Barbossa's crew didn't return to the cave anymore. I knew they are all captured by Norrington's men. We've won. Even I knew what will happen next but I'm all glad we did it.

       Now I hope they could wait for few minutes, especially Norrington. This is my only chance to find the painting tonight and I can go back home.

       ...And there's another problem.

       Apparenly, I've been looking for damn minutes and I haven't found it yet. I just hope I'm not wrong. I'm sure it was here in this cave. I'm really sure Barbossa's crew took it days ago and it landed here.

        "But where the hell is it?" I've been saying this to my mind over and over and I keep describing the structures of the painting for them. All three of them helped me to find it and we've been scanning the whole area but we failed.

        Somehow, I began to think and asks myself;

       What if it's not here at all?

       What if I already LOST it all along?

       How can I get home?

       What if I can't go back home?

       What if I'll stuck here? Forever?

       I kept dredging up into the treasures and I feel like I'm losing my mind. I have a dread with failure. I jeopardized myself by finding that damn gold painting and I failed. But I really shouldn't surrender, there's still time.

       Yet I couldn't tell the clock time but I knew it's past midnight and I feel a bit knackered. And again there's no use. You see, there are only overflowing chests of coins, gold and silver ingots, jewelries, objects d'art, jade and ivory, brightly colored silks, furniture, jewels and pearls; mirrors and swords — anything and everything of value that might be carried by the ship is all here and there were NO paintings or frame can be seen here at all.