A Glimpse of the Past

Lucas had had a crush on me, but I didn't feel the same.

Back when we were kids, we were around each other all the time.

Some of the kids would make fun of Lucas.

"Ha! You're lame! You don't have cool powers."

Every day was a battle for him. He was not as powered as me or the others. He had his struggles like me and the others. Thing went from bad to worse.

Then, Lucas snapped.

I guess, he got tired of being bullied. Nobody is sure what happened that day.

He got into his first fight. Things only got worse for him.

The teacher took Lucas to the office, I stood out in the hall to wait.

"Sage? Are you mad?"

"Mad? I'm not mad. I was scared that they hurt you." Lucas showed me the pink papers.

"I'm suspended for three days." I hugged him.

"It's okay, I will wait for you to get back."

Three days past, this guy started talking to me, I had met him once before.

He was apologizing for running into me on his way to class. Around the school, we have to be careful about speedsters. They tend to run all over the school. It was hard for most students.

I guess Lucas was jealous, he liked me, I was his only, and closest, friend.

I had turned around, facing Lucas

"Lucas! You're back!"

After that, Lucas was never the same.

"Stop! You are talking about me. We were best friends, now, you hate me. If you have to fight anyone, fight me." While he was distracted, Caden knocked Lucas out.

We ran out to the school parking lot.

"Come on, Sage. We have to go before they...too late."

Will had woken up and was now running after us.

"Kendall! Go now!"

"Wait! We can't leave Sage! Come on!" I kick the guard to the ground. I turn into a cheetah and run up to Jackie.

"Jackie, drive. I will try to buy you some time. No matter what, don't stop."

Kendall nods

I turned and ran back to Will, but before he got up, I watched them drive away. I knew they were going to be safe. I wasn't sure if they would make it to the hideout... maybe I should've told them that it was disguised.