The Next Step

It was five month when we last heard from Sage. Jackie, Caden, Kendall, and I have not seen Liv, Wayne, Sage, and Sam in five months. I walked outside thinking about them scared. Sage was my childhood friend and I hurt her alot. I kept my cool for everyone around me, but inside I was hurting more than they could imagine. I kept walking and pacing outside worried. Outside is the only place I can worry about them. I worry about her more than me. I was not very happy, when Sam first showed up and said that him and her were dating. I was stupid for Maddie, but Sage was true to herself. I just want Sage here, safely home. I kept looking up at the sky...hoping, praying, that they will come back. I waited for some kind of sign from Sage. It was late one night and I had my head on my pillow until I hear a growling of pain outside of the hideout. I knew we were off the grid, but I was worried that Lucas had found us. I got up and looked out the window and saw something I thought I would never see again. It was Sage, Sam and someone else. I ran to the door and opened up. The alarm to the house was beeping, I was too happy to turn it off. Caden, Jackie, and Kendall all rushed to the alarm, trying to turn it off, till Kendall saw Sage. She didn't care about the alarm. She ran to Sage with tears filling her eyes.

I saw Jr and Kendall running to me with all their heart. I changed back to myself. Kendall knocked me over with hugs. We laughed at each other.

"Sage! I thought you were gone forever."

"I know Kendall. Lucas held us his prisoner for five months. He tried to kill us, till my Grandfather helped us out. I just wish I got to know more about my grandfather before he left this world. He pulled a 'Luke Skywalker.' He vanished into thin air." Kendall and I laughed leaving everyone confused. I was happy to see them more than they think. They were there for me more than anyone. Jade was hurt, but I was worse than her. I helped Jade inside and Kendall got to work in Jade.

"How did you guys get out of there? I mean, it must have been hard to get free." I shrugged my shoulder and walked outside. Sam sat down trying to rest a little.

"All I know is that Sage is brave enough to take on Lucas no matter what the cost is. I was out after my powers were taken, but Sage was fighting long and hard, I could hear her pain." Jr looked around for me. I walked outside and sat on the ground looking up at the stars. I heard someone coming, so I looked behind me. It was just Jr.

"Hey!"

"Hi. Is there something wrong?" I looked at him and then at the sky.

"No! I was just thinking about Wayne and Liv still out there not even here yet. I'm worried about them. Something has them held up. I tried calling Wayne, but he won't answer his phone. I'm super worried Jr. I don't know what to do anymore."

Jr reached to put his arm around me, but he stopped himself."You know... Liv could be busy talking to Wayne about something? I tried talking to her, but she acted like I was not there. I don't think she likes me very much."

I laughed at him. "Don't worry about it! She's strange, but she's very smart. I would be lost without her. She is my closest friend, besides you and the others."

He looked at me and scooted closer to me. I scooted away from him. I knew Jr still liked me, but I don't feel that same way about him. I found someone better than Jr, I found Sam. Sam is different from Jr. Jr is like my friend, but I lost all feelings for him after what he did to Wayne. Sam on the other hand, respects my decision on who is more important to me. Even though out little break up moment, but overall they both are great people, but I chose Sam over Jr. I looked over the stars again, still worried about Liv and Wayne. I don't know liv's past. I got up and walked away from Jr. He watched me walked away, and went back inside.

I looked back to the woods not sure if I did the right thing and let her go or I should have went after her. Sam looked at me.

"Where is Sage?" I didn't care about answering his question, so I walked away and into my room. Sam walked to my door and pounded on it.