SSS ~ Chiaki & Kotoha ~ | Soulmate Pt. 2 |

Kotoha walked up the steps of the Shiba mansion. Removing her hood, she dusted off the snow off her yellow parka. Kotoha faced the front door and held up her hand to knock,

"Kotoha-chan! You made it!" Genta had swung the door open and engulfed Kotoha in a tight squeeze.

"Genta, I didn't even knock yet-"

"Well we were expecting you."

Kotoha tried to move her head slightly to see the owner of the voice behind Genta.

"Genta-ah, let her breathe."

Kotoha saw Takeru with an arm around Mako.

"Ahh but Mako-chan, it's been a while since we've hung out with Kotoha." Genta pouted.

Genta and the others were always busy, due to the fact that they were going to graduate soon. It was another reason why she wanted to find her soulmate soon, she didn't want to be alone.

"Don't forget Aki, it's been a while since I've seen that punk." Ryunnosuke called from the kitchen, and right after, the smoke alarm went off.

"Hey Mako, are you sure the temp has to be this high for just a fruitcake?"

"Well, wouldn't it rise faster with an extra two hundred degrees?"

"AH! It doesn't work like that!" Ryunnosuke began fanning the smoke coming from the oven with a towel. Mako rushed back to the kitchen, Takeru face-palming and chuckled slightly, following behind Mako.

"Ahh, I should help out in the kitchen, how about you wait here to open the door for Aki?" Genta said before patting Kotoha on the head, "Take-chan, where do you keep your fire extinguisher?"

Kotoha giggled at the fuss going on in the kitchen. A few minutes later, the doorbell rang. Kotoha got up from the steps she sat on to open it. Behind the door was what Kotoha thought was a box monster, but the closer she looked, she realized it was just Aki and a stack of boxes he held in his hands.

"Hey, whoever that is, could you give me a lil' help here?" Aki's voice muffed from behind the boxes.

"Why do you have so many boxes Aki-kun?" Kotoha laughed,

"Kotoha?"

Kotoha reached to put the two boxes that were blocking his view.

"Ta-da-"

Aki quickly set the boxes down and launched himself over to Kotoha and wrapped his arms around her.

"I missed you so much!" His voice muffled in the fur of her jacket. Kotoha smiled into the warm feeling of the hug. Smothered from the foam of the fire extinguisher, Genta peered through the kitchen doorway and smirked,

"Come and help clean up love birds, so we can have dinner sooner and play some games afterwards," Genta gives a cheeky grin. Kotoha widened her eyes and pulled away from the auburn-hair boy. Aki reluctantly let go of her and scratched his nape. Genta gritted his teeth and turned to look the other way, "Didn't mean to make things awkward.." He sucked a breath and left the two. Aki rolled his eyes and Kotoha giggled, Aki quickly responding by joining in too.

How Kotoha missed this.

Kotoha moved to brush off the snow from the spikes of his hair.

"Let's get you inside Aki."

🌱🌼

That evening's dinner was, well...

Was chaos the right word?