Xenium-Jiley

Xenium. A present given to a guest or stranger.

Riley Beaton had always loved the feeling of coming home. Whether it be from a day of school, a holiday, or (in this case) from being abroad for 3 years.

She had always loved the safety Toronto offered, and loved that she knew everyone on her street. It gave the big city a small town feel.

She looked down her street; not much had changed, except for the house down the end. In that house was a new family with a boy her age (or so she was told). Her mum wanted her to go and meet the boy in hopes of Riley making a new friend.

She took pace walking down the street as she made her way to the house. Upon arrival, she lifted her shaky hand to knock on the door three times.

Riley heard footsteps before the big wooden door opened and she came face-to-face was a guy, tall with brown hair. This must be him.

Riley: Hi, I'm Riley. From down the road.

She told the boy putting out her hand, which he kindly shook.

James: I'm James.

He replied taking in the small girl in front of him. This must be her.

James: Welcome home.

Riley: Thanks.

She said looking down at her feet. Why was he making her so nervous?!

James: My mum said to give this to you.

He told her, leaning backwards and picking up something from the table.

On close inspection Riley noticed it was a book, not just any book, her favourite book. 'Howl by Allen Ginsberg' .  

Riley: This is my favourite book.

James: Yeah, you're mum said that.
Riley: Thank you.

She said before leaning up and giving him a kiss on the cheek.

Riley: I'll see you around?

James: Sure.

He told her scratching the back of his neck, before she turned around and walked back down the street towards her house.

He was going to love having her around, he thought before pulling a book out of his pocket. 'Howl', it was his favourite book too.

A/N Hey guys! 9k already! Thank you guys so much. Keep sending in requests as I will be making a second One Shot book!
Thanks for constant support to help me keep this book going!!!

Next update should be out soon.