❣ 5. Life Changing Days ❣

Reyansh

"Kriya?" I asked as I rubbed my fingers together. Blood? In my half-absent state, I realized she had lied about it being just a scratch . Hell, scratch was an understatement. Concern taking over me, I started to push the jacket down so I could see the damage. She held it in place from the front.

"Let go of me."

"Shut up." My voice was more authoritative than hers, and more than I had intended for it to be. She was in no position to demand back. She dropped her hands to her side understanding that and I seized the moment to push down her jacket carefully. I looked at her painful expressions in the mirror in front of us. I felt guilty as the shoulder cut was a result of her saving me, when it should have been the other way around.

I'm so sorry.

My eyes seemed to be conversing - even though I knew her eyes were closed and she could not see.

Gently taking it down all the way, I unpinned the stroll around her. The sight in front of me made me gasp out loud and take a surprising step backwards. I could not even begin to imagine the pain she must be going through right then.

"How... Why?!" My tongue was tied. "Sit." I ordered as I instantly grabbed a huge chunk of cotton and dabbed it lightly to her wound. Her fingers dug in to the blanket on the bed. "Just relax." I tried to sound soothing, forcing aside the drowsiness I felt.

××××××××××××

Kriya

I suddenly got up when I remembered I had mixxed sleeping pills in the septic and if he used it on me, it would affect me too. I couldn't have that happen. I had to get home. I never intended on staying at his place this long. His eyes questioned me. "It's…’t's okay. Really. I have to get home." I told him.

"Kriya, I promise. I'm genuinely trying to help." He pleaded.

I knew he was and I wished I could tell him that there was a different reason why I wanted to leave right then. I couldn't tell him that. If he found out what I’d done, he would get furious, wouldn’t he? I didn't know of his anger, and I decided it was best to not test it. I simply sighed.

How do I even being to explain? "This is really no big deal. I can dress it up myself. You don't need to bother." I tried to convince him.

"Shut up, will you? You can barely move that hand of yours and you're saying it's ‘no big deal’?” He mocked my words. “Your back skin is practically spit open and it's 'no big deal'?" He kept on mocking my words - as if it wasn't bad enough for me already. "There’s no fucking way I am letting you out of this room so you can drive in that condition. I may be everything you think of me, but even I know when to not let a person drive. Now if you say another word, I promise to Jesus I'm going to tape your mouth and tie your hands. At the end, you're going to have to get that thing dressed and you’re not leaving until I do."

I looked at him flabbergasted. I had never heard him say more than a sentence before. Or maybe, he always did. I just never paid any attention to him before to truly know, did I?