❣ 10. It's Time To Return [B] ❣

Swayam

I was surprised when Kriya told me about Roy. I was shocked at the dining table when I saw fear in her eyes. There was something she wasn’t telling me. And there was something I wasn’t telling her.

Roy wasn’t who she thought he was. He hadn’t been the one to bully her the first day of high school. Well, he was, but he hadn’t done so voluntarily.

I marched up to Sharon and demanded an explanation, “What was that for?”

Sharon acted innocent and confused, “What are you talking about Swayam?”

“You know exactly what I’m talking about. Your sister was being bullied and you just stood at a distance, watching?”

“She needs to learn how to save herself. She isn’t a kid anymore.” Sharon defended herself.

“If I remember, your father asked you to take care of her this morning. Imagine what will happen when he finds out about this.”

Sharon laughed, “Oh, and who’s going to tell him? Her? No one would believe her, even if she did manage to gather the guts to speak up in front of him.”

I took a dangerous step towards her, “She might be afraid of him, but I am not.”

The confidence from her face drastically dropped. “Swayam, come on, you’re getting it all wrong.” She tried to manipulate me to be on her side. She was about to put her hand on my chest when I stopped her by holding her hand by the wrist.

I understood then clearly that it was her. She didn’t just let this happen; she made it happen.

“Sharon Rai Prakash, just remember one thing. I’m not like those idiots that you have wrapped around your finger. Don’t think I don’t know you sent them to bully Kriya.”

Making that crystal clear, I left from there. Sharon was left behind to fume to herself. The fact that I had just ignored her and even threatened her was unbearable for her. Once again, people were siding with Kriya and that did not go down well with her.

If I had known my actions would only bring further trouble for Kriya, I would have went about confronting Sharon in a different way. I just wasn’t thinking at that time. I was just taken by the moment, pissed off that a sister could do this to another.

I had even managed to scare Roy after that. I had made him promise he would never go near Kriya again, him or his friends. For once, I had been glad that my reputation preceded me. They gave in without a fight, and that was again when my suspicion was further confirmed. Neither of them had done it because they wanted to. Sharon had made them do it.

Today, I wish I had done something about it to help them too. I could have saved Roy, but I didn’t. Things were happening too fast, and by the time I had found out what Sharon was holding on Rey as a dagger above his head, it was too late. I should have known, she didn’t spare her own sister or parents. Why would she spare her friends?