Part 25

(Haruki's POV)

I felt my mother's comforting hand on my shoulder. My father stood on my other side. There weren't man people here, which made me angry. Takahiro had meant the world to me, so he should have more mourners. He was my everything. But the anger was weak. I was torn apart, so much that I wasn't sure I even had feelings anymore. All I felt was continuous pain. It hurt so bad, I could barely function. If it wasn't for my parents, I didn't know where I'd be.

And he'd done that. Takahiro had helped me fix my relationship with my parents. He'd given me back what I'd lost. And I didn't know if I could continue without him. He was my guiding light, my savior. I squeezed my eyes shut as the funeral continued. I was barely listening to what was being said. My mother suggested I give a speech, considering Hiro was mine, but I couldn't do it. I wasn't even sure I could still speak. If I opened my mouth, I was sure I'd fall apart. Even now, I felt as if I was sinking. What was the point of living without Hiro? He was the reason for my existence. And he'd sacrificed himself to save me, when he knew he'd die.

That was what hurt the most. That he gave his life for the likes of me. I didn't deserve such unwavering loyalty and love. He gave me his everything. I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. That was the only thing I'd ever wanted this much. I would've given literally anything just to be by his side forever. And, despite what he told me, I didn't feel his presence with me. I could practically feel the instant he died. My heart broke in the when he smiled at me, as if having me by him when he died was the best thing ever.

I stared at the casket that held my love's body. He would rot in the ground, just as my heart would in my chest. When he died, he took a part of me with him. I clenched the flowers in my hands. Why did this have to happen?! We just wanted to be happy for once. Why couldn't we have that? I'd finally found someone worth everything and I couldn't hold onto him. I glared at my hands. They were too weak to keep him with me. Despite what we promised each other, we'll forever be apart. Fate decided that we wouldn't have a happily ever after. And that made me so furious.

"Honey, go put your flowers on the top. Then, he'll be put to rest." I walked forward, as if on autopilot. I placed the bouquet on the top of the casket, but didn't move back. I could feel everyone staring at me, but I didn't care. This was my life, sitting in this casket before me. This was my everything that I was about to lower into the ground. I was burying a piece of my heart. I'd cried my heart out when I felt his body go limp in my arms. I thought I'd shed all the tears I could. But, as I stood there, I realized I was wrong. More tears cascaded down my face, dripping onto the polished wood. Nobody said a word as I sobbed. My legs wobbled, but I didn't sink to my knees like I wanted. I stood there, head hanging, and screamed my grief out.

I felt as if I was being torn apart from the inside. I wished I couldn't feel a thing, just so the pain would stop. How could I go on? Would there even be any of me left? Takahiro took a huge part of me to his grave. I wished I could go with him. Why did he go someplace I couldn't follow? How could he leave me here alone? I gripped my chest, hoping that would ease the agony. But nothing seemed to help. I wished for death. For the first time in my life, I wanted to die. Now I understood what Takahiro had gone through. I wanted this to only be a nightmare. The truth was, it was a nightmare I could never wake up from.

"I need you, Hiro," I cried. "Don't...don't leave me...I can't go on...without you..." I finally succumbed and sunk to the ground. My screaming sobs echoes throughout the graveyard. Still, nobody spoke or approached me. Even if they did, there was nothing they could do. I was sure my parents were worried sick about me, but I couldn't help it. Why couldn't we just be happy together? I'd bet hurt anyone and neither had he. We'd had our share of misery. Wasn't that enough? For God's sake, Takahiro didn't deserve this. At least his horrible father was in jail now. But it was too little, too late.

Even after the tears stopped, my body continued to jerk with silent sobs. As if Mother Earth was sharing my pain, the cloud opened and rain poured down. Takahiro was lowered into the ground and the other guests fled to their cars. However, I stayed put. The rain wouldn't make me move. I promised I'd never leave his side and I wouldn't break that promise. Besides, I was no longer crying alone. The earth was also shedding its pain. At that moment, I believed that Takahiro's life made an impact. I believed his death meant something to the world.

The truth was, he was born with nobody caring about him. But he died with my love in his heart. He was raised to believe he was worthless, a waste of space, but I hope I changed his thoughts on that. I hope I made him feel worthy, because he made me feel that way. I'd finally felt noticed, because Hiro looked at me. When I felt the most alone, Hiro was there for me. Now, I was alone again. And Hiro wouldn't be there next to me. He broke his promise and my heart.

"Haru, honey, it's time to go home," my mother's voice whispered. It was raw from crying.

"No! I can't leave him! I won't!"

"Haruki," my father interjected. "Be reasonable."

"I promised I wouldn't leave him! I can't...I can't..."

My father sighed. "Do it." I turned just in time to see another person standing behind me. He grabbed my arm and injected me with a needle. My body became heavy and my vision was fading.

"I'm sorry, Haru. It's for your own good." I tried to call out. That doctor, I'd know his face anywhere. But my eyes closed as the drug took effect. And I knew that was it for me. I was caught.

A/N: that's the end, my lovely cookies! I'm so so sorry. T-T This was my face when I wrote this. Don't worry, there will be another book. I'm not sure what will happen though. You'll just have to read it to find out! ;P See you later!