Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Ryder's P.O.V

I wake up groaning, I buried my face in my pillows trying to get away from the very bright sunlight. I looked at the clock quickly and it was 7:39. I groaned again when I heard banging on my door. "C'mon mate, we need to be at school early today, you to calm the pack down when the rouges come!" My beta and best friend, Alan said. "Argh, whatever Al!" I yelled back.

"Now Ryder!" I heard my Dad yell from down stairs. 'Come on you lazy ass human. Get up!' My wolf, Damon, meaning black. Which fits him perfectly because he is a black wolf. 'What's got your tail in a twist?!' I asked. 'I don't know... Just hurry up!' He yelled making my ears ring. "Alright! I'm up!" I said out loud when I heard banging on my door again.

I got up, took a shower and headed downstairs for some quick breakfast. "Where is everyone?" I asked Alan as I took a seat across from him. His mate Sarah was next to him, holding his hand. I really wanted my mate, hell, it's killing me not having her near, knowing that almost very wolf in my pack my age has their mate, yet, I don't! "Their already there. You know some the un-mated wolves are hoping that the rouges that turn up are their mates!" Sarah answered me. "Don't know why they want their mates to be rouges? I mean come on, they could turn our own rouge or could turn on us when we need them the most!" Alan said, disgusted.

"And what if I was a rouge? Would you have rejected me then?!" Sarah asked, not very impressed with his attitude toward the rouges. "I... Um... I-" Alan was cut off by Sarah leaving the dinning room, very angry and very hurt. "SARAH!" Alan yelled and grabbed her from behind, quick as lightning. "Got off me Alan!" Sarah said through gritted teeth. "No, look, I'm sorry. I wouldn't have rejected you if you were a rouge! Even though that there is a rule that says that if your mate is a rouge that isn't a royal, they should reject them!" He said into her shoulder and she immediately calmed down.

"I hope you mean that Alan!" Sarah said before getting out of his arms and walking to Alan and hers room. Alan sighed and sat back down next to me. "A word of advice!" He said. "Yeah?" I asked, curious and confused. "Don't and I mean DON'T even think about rejecting your mate! Otherwise your life will be a living hell!" He said sternly to me.

If he was anyone else, I would have him by the neck, telling him not to speak to me like that again... But since he's my best mate and we're talking about my mate, I let it slide. "Not if I tell him to reject her!" I heard my Dad say behind me. I flinched at what he said. "But Dad! What if-" "You are to tell me if any of those female rouges are your mate!" Dad cut me off in his Alpha voice. Since I'm not Alpha yet, I still have to obey my Dad when he gives an order. But I can still protest, but before I could, Dad was out of the living room in a flash. Mum walked in then. I sighed. "Oh my boy!" My Mum said as she hugged me. "I'll talk to him Hun." She said.

"Mum, I don't to reject my mate! Rouge or not!" I said, rather depressingly. "I know my son, I know!" Mum said, giving one last hug before following Dad. "Come on, let's go!" I dead panned. Alan didn't argue. I went to my silver Porsche Carrera GT and Alan went over to his cherry red Lamborghini Murcielago LP640. We waited for Sarah before going to school.

School is like a 20 minute drive from the pack house, so we got to school around 8:10. I parked my car in my usual spot and walked over to my best mates... In a sour mood. "Hey Ryder." Atlanta said. (A/N - Atlanta means 'Huntress.' Nick name will be At or Atlan!) She's my best friend out of the girls I have as friends and I think of her as a sister. "Hey." I said with no emotion whatsoever. Atlan moved the others away from us until it was only me and her. "What's wrong Ry?" Atlanta asked with a worried expression. "Dad compelled me to tell him that if any of the female rouges are my mate, if any of them are that is! Then he's going to compel me to reject her!" My voice breaking at the end.