Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Aditi's P.O.V

After we established a place for the meeting and have the books, Ryder and I said our good byes to Archer, Morris and Sybil. I said I'll visit with Drake and the others next time. Right now I was directing Ryder to my apartment. "What did Morris mean about you and your... Abilities?" Ryder asked finally. I sighed, I knew he would ask this sooner or later. "You know how Ruth said we aren't like ordinary wolves?" I asked in returned. "Yes." "It's apart of that.... We can have these abilities for many reasons, healing, investigating.... Even fighting..." Ryder stilled at the last one. "With them we could do whatever we want because nobody dares to cross our path..... One of our abilities is the healing power, the one I used on you today." I finished explaining.

"What are the others?" He asked slowly. I sighed again and said regretfully, "I'm afraid that's all I can give you at the moment.... I will be able to tell you more when you figure out the poem and extra hints I gave you." Ryder groaned in frustration and gripped the wheel tighter. "Come on Addy! This isn't fair!!!" He growled. Asta whimpered at him. Yeah, we're not going to like this at all. "Look, I'm sorry, but this is what I was taught since I could talk, all I could do now is help you figure out what I gave you!" I said to him, remorse filled my voice. "That ridiculous Addy! Who would teaches their child to do that to their mates!?" Ryder exclaimed. "I know..... I know..... But I can't change it, it's to risky." "To risky for what exactly!!??" "There a few certain people that want us dead, including my old pack." I said slowly and Ryder stiffened even more.

He pulled over to the side of the road, ankles white on the steering wheel and breathing heavily. "Ryder?" "Who wants you dead?!!!" He asked through gritted teeth. "We think Vance found out our secret and wanted our power for himself, but he can't get our power, not without a witch there with him. He didn't know that with Mum and Dad, but if what Hart said is true, and he is looking for us, then he'll want us dead and gone for good. The pack wants us dead because of what Vance told them, anyone else who wants us dead, we haven't a clue who." I answered him, placing a hand over his fisted one.

Suddenly I was lifted from my seat and onto his lap. "I won't let them touch you!" He growled and he forced his head into the crook of my neck, taking in my scent, calming him and Damon. "Nor I to you." I told gently, rubbing the side of my face again his head. We stayed like this for about a ten minutes before I moved back my seat and Ryder started off again. I continued to direct him to my place and he seemed to know where we were going, maybe a little to well. "You know where we live don't you?" I finally asked. "Um..... N... Yes." He answered truthfully. "How?" "The council gave us files on the rouges staying on our territory." "What?!" "I knew you wouldn't like that." "Bloody terrific!!" I groaned in anger and annoyance. "After I...... R-Reject you.... I went straight to place that's dear to me, no one but Atlan knows about it other than me. After Atlan calmed me down, we went back to the pack.

Dad was out and Mum told me earlier that we have files on the rouges and asked your name, so when I got there, she was reading through your file, she already taken down your address and.... And photocopied your picture and gave them to me." Ryder explained. "Why didn't you come after me then?" I asked, curious now. "Atlan asked me whether I wanted to and did wanted to, but Mum suggest to wait for you to calm down a bit, and I did. Plus, if I did went after you then, I don't think I would be breathing at the moment." Ryder mused and I chuckled. "No, you wouldn't be." "Thought so. Drake is very protective of you." Ryder said. "Yeah, I'm the only blood family he has felt. We don't have any aunts or uncles and our grandparents died a few years before we were born, it's was just the four of us..... Now it's just the two of us..... Mate or no mate, Drake will go mad if he lost me...." I said slowly.

"It's that the same for you?" Ryder asked. "Yes, Asta and Faolan always stayed connected with each other, creating a bond that's deeper than an ordinary sister, brother bond, we can feel what the other feels." I answered as Ryder pulled into our car park underneath. "Wow.... And the others are protective of you as well." "Well, yeah. Drake and I taught them how to hunt, track and fight, so they tend to over react to even the simplest of thing, sometimes it's overly funny and sometimes it's overly annoying!" I responded. Ryder just laughed as he got out the books, locked his car and looked at ours. "Which one is yours? I know you have the Midnight blue Kawasaki, but what else?" Ryder asked.