chapter three

M A H I (P O V)
"That sahiba of a girl seems to be suspecting me already. 'I have to be quick before anyone finds out am pregnant". 'Yes"
Picking up my phone i dialed Karan phone number.
'Pick up you idiot, pick up" I muttered under my breath.
The phone was ringing but the idiot was not picking. 'I'll go see him then to warn him to stay away from me".
Walking out immediately i bumped into pinky .
'Ouch" we both yelled falling to the floor.
"You should look where you are going pinky'. I yelled standing up immediately.
"No you should'. "You were the one who bumped in my way. Now excuse me i've got some work to do " She said walking away hurriedly.
"Silly girl' i muttered under my breath walking downstairs immediately.
Just as i was about to step out mum stopped me.
"Mahi my dear, where are you off to this morning?
"Uuh, the thing is that. Mum you know. Am going to see Kunj at the office'. I lied forcing a fake smile on my face.
'But he's in the study room dear" replied mum looking more confused.
"Aah, what i mean to say is that i have an important document i need to collect from Choumpa', 'yes Choumpa!. I lied hugging her immediately and dashing out quickly before she could say anything else.

K U N J (P O V)

Running my hands through the office documents i was interrupted by the knock on the door.
Come in the door is open i said still focused on what i was writing.
'Yes"
'Mum requested i should take this tea to you" said Sahiba holding a tray containing the tea.
"I don't want any tea, You can leave now'. I said getting irritated.
Raising my head up i met those sad eyes of hers staring at me.
'Ok " She replied walking out with the tray immediately.

Mum was right i shouldn't have disturbed him. But why does he feel irritated at the mention of his mother name.
Placing the tray on the kitchen sink i slowly walked upstairs still thinking about Kunj when i suddenly stepped on an envelope.
Picking it up i was curious to know what was inside.
Just as i was about to open it mum called and i immediately kept it on the table. Dashing to her room immediately.

M A H I( P O V)
'Ooh no where did i keep it. It was right here in the bag" 'If any one finds out am pregnant i'll be doomed".
Driver please turn the car around.
'Yes mam"

Getting back i slowly picked the envelope and saw Mahi name on it.
Trying to open it again my phone began to ring and i dropped it to go answer my mum. By the time i got back the letter was not there again.

M A H I P O V
"Thank god she hasn't read it'.' It's all pinky fault". Now what should i do with it" I asked myself looking at it.

Bending under the table i tried to find it but it was not there. Who could have taken it, and sadly i didn't get to see what was inside.
"It was from the hospital. Is Mahi ill? I asked myself as i began to climb downstairs deep in thought until i missed a step .
But somewhere out of nowhere someone caught me immediately.
"What were you thinking huh? Asked Kunj angrily.
'Always look where you are going" He said walking out.
Sahiba are you alright asked mum helping me to a seat.
'Am fine mum, just missed a step".
"Ooh thank goodness". You must rest now, you've being working since morning and must be stressed out due to it."
'Am fine mum" I pleaded, but she was not ready to listen to me. I had no other choice but to go to my room and rest a little.
Just as i was busy lying on the bed i heared footsteps and knew already that it would be Kunj so i pretended to be asleep.
"Yes have the papers in my office by tomorrow.
'Yeah bye"
Cutting the phone call he hurriedly got into the bathroom and after a quick shower went into his study room back.
Opening my eyes i let out a yawn and slowly walked to the window gazing at the garden. Just then i saw Mahi talking to the same guy who was trying to kidnap her.
Slapping him hard across the face she angrily came inside leaving the guy standing by the roadside.
Using the stairs i raced downstairs hoping to catch up with him, but getting there i see no one.

THE SINGHS MANSION
TIME: 7:00pm
'Please come in"
'Mum i brought you some tea " I said dropping the glass cup on the table.
'I thought i told you to go rest a bit.
'I couldn't sleep mum"
'You look sad what seems to be the matter dear?
"Nothing mum am fine'
No you're not. Am a mother and i understand when my daughter is sad. A mothers thoughts about her daughter can never be wrong"
'Seriously mum am fine, i need your permission to go see my mum"
'My blessings are always with you dear", send my regards to your mum and take some sweets for everyone.
'Yes i will"

"Mum, Dad, am home' i called out walking in immediately.
"Sahiba my dear, are you back? asked my mum coming out from the kitchen
'Yes mum" i said running into her arms
"Today my daughter has come back to her parents house. may you always remain happy dear"
'Where is everyone?
"Your dad went to work, while yazz and Reeva went to the market'
"How is Kunj? She asked gesturing to me to take a seat
He's fine mum, mother inlaw asked me to give this to you.
'Ooh i'll call her right away, Just give me a second"

As mum left for her room i stood up and started gazing round the house. I decided to walk down to the gate to feast my eyes on the garden when i saw Karan again with my sister Reeva.
Strainning my ears to hear what they were saying mum immediately called and i left to go answer her call.
'Mum i should be going it getting late and mother will be worried "
"May you always remain blessed my dear'.
Seeking her blessings i dashed out hoping to see Karan and my sister but they weren't there again.
Getting into the car i drove out heading for home.