chapter sixteen

Getting home the two brides both went upstairs.
Soon it began to rain cats and dogs.
Mahi taking out the shoe began to admire it on Karan feet.
Soon a knock interrupts her day dreaming as she immediately reached for the door. It was Karan himself standing at the door.
Karan you here? Asked mahi still opening the door ajar

M A H I (G)
Yes it is me mahi. Just got back from work. I decided to check up on you.
Ooh am good thank you.
Meanwhile I'd be heading to my room call me when you need help.
Yeah.
As Karan walked by. Mahi stood there looking till he was out of sight. The baby in her suddenly kicks bringing her back to reality. I know my child. But your father isn't ready to admit you're his. Holding her protuding stomach she soon goes in and while she's about to sit down she remembers the gift and goes out running to Karan but is caught by Varun.
Hey there Mahi.
Hi Varun I replied hiding the shoes behind me. He soon takes notice of my uneven behavior and somehow collects the present from me.
You got me a gift?. Let see.
Wow. This is really beautiful Mahi. Thank you.
Actually you see Varun.
Wow Mahi this shoes do look good on Varun. I guess you're getting to know Varun. Chorused aunt Bani and Sahiba coming downstairs.
You should count yourself lucky Varun.
Soon the two women takes him away leaving me standing and watching Varun wear the shoes out.
Heading to my room I soon shut myself in and laid on the bed thinking about Sahel.
I thought about our beautiful mistake that night and thought about his behaviours towards me. Surely he did hate me to the moment of even killing his child. But what was he saying about killing my parents and making them suffer. What wrong did papa do?.

K a r a n( p o v)
Getting to my room I found Mahi busy decorating the fire place with flowers. It seemed she just felt uneasy for her to be doing that. She didn't even notice me come in.
Looking on the table I found the henna tube lying on the tray. Surely Sahiba had done that for her.
Dropping my bag I soon took off my shoes and slowly advanced towards her. Taking her by surprise she soon yells out but smiles when she sees me standing there.
Ooh no you Karan. How did you get in that I didn't even know?
Come here I've got you something very nice.
You are always being scared. Come on tell me how was your day today.
My day was fine and how about yours.
It was hectic and also fun. I had a lot of I've cream today.
She gets furious at the mention of ice cream.
No no don't think I didn't get you some I did. Here
She smiles and hugs me immediately. How childish she acts atimes.
Here for you she said handing me a bag
For me. Tell me where did you go
To the shopping mall. Now open it up.
Wow this watch is so grate. Thank you Mahi. Now let's have some Ice cream.

S A H I B A(
P O V)

Aunt Bani I'd go check up on Kunj he'd be hungry by now.
Yes you go. May you always be happy.
Yes aunt I replied as I walked upstairs holding my flowing saree.
Getting to my room I found Kunj busy trying to get his tie off.

So I opted to help him get it off. We stood still gazing at each other. I knew he wanted to say something. But he didn't.
All done I replied stepping back as I began to fold the washed clothes inside the wardrobe.
By the way Kunj Mr Malhotra came by today. Here's the documents he asked me to hand over to you. I'll go make dinner. Come downstairs as soon as you're done .
Yeah thank you he replied as I watch him step into the bathroom.
Today was Sunday so I decided to cook some chicken karunna with spicy green bell peppers.
Singing to myself I soon got to work.
First pouring in my oil I added the ginger and garlic paste. A teaspoon of cinnamon, tumeric and chili peppers. Then added Curry and poured in the stock. I was so lost talking to myself that I didn't see Kunj standing by the door watching me cook.
Clapping his hands he soon walks in still smiling at me.
I soon smile back but still cutting the pepper. Soon I see him folding up his sleeves and washing his hand in the sink.
Taking the knife from me he began to cut the peppers and onion. He was so good with knives.
And he knew how to cook too. We ended up cooking the food together. But the chicken had lots of pepper.
As everyone sat down to eat the women all stood up serving the men.
I soon put rice for Kunj and added some Curry before adding his chicken. He smiles at me as I walked over to sit next to him.
After a quick prayer we all began to eat.
This meal tastes different  Sahiba. Did Kunj make this? asked Varun.
Yes he did I replied.
Kunj in the kitchen? asked mum laughing.
Yes mum I was so surprised to see him also.
You both did well said Dad as he excused himself heading for work. Soon Kunj got ready as I followed him to the parking lot.
Here's your bag and also I've packed some food for you in case you're hungry. Do make sur____
And then he just hugs me leaving me speechless and smiling also.
Bye he said as he sped away leaving me waving with a bright smile on my face.