chapter eight

'Aunt Mahi is here everyone " shouted pinky running downstairs to invite them in.
STOP!! Said mum walking towards the door.
Everyone keeps quiet for a while watching every of her movement.
'Mum?
Am not your mum, the mum you knew is now dead to you" said mum turning to leave.
Mum? Cried Mahi holding unto her saree.
How can you say that. I know you hate me. All of you, but am still your daughter and a mother can never hate her daughter. Am ashamed of myself as well as the position i put us all in.
Mum if you truly dont want to see me again. I'll go from here far away from Mumbai and never return said Mahi turning to leave.
'No one is going anywhere " Said kunj coming downstairs.
Mother please listen to me for once. Mahi here is the only person i can call a sister. I agreed she made a mistake but you can't keep on blaming her cause things happen when we least expect it. Sending her away is not the best solution. You're  making a mistake by sending her away now.
Karan here is ready to make her happy and i trust him. Please mum just let it go this time" pleaded kunj holding his two hands up.
You're right my son. I might have overreacted with my decision of sending her away. Today i accept her back cause i can not stand loosing you mahi. So come in my dear, Come to your mother"cried mum with her arms wide open.
Mum am so sorry, mum am so.... suddenly she faints and everyone panicks.
Quick call the doctor cried mum taking her seat close to Mahi on the sofa.
"Yes mum I'll call the doctor' said Kunj reaching for his phone immediately.

2Minutes later..........
She fainted cause she has being on a lot of stress recently.
Doctor what about the baby? Asked mum panicking.
The mother and child are both fine Mrs Deeveka. All she needs right now is a good rest and a lot of fruits to help the baby grow faster. Please keep her away from any form of stress. I've prescribed some medications for her. Please get it and make sure she takes them. I must take my leave now. Namastey.
'Namastey " replied everyone as we watched her leave.
It's all because of you Deeveka that she is down now" complained Dad taking a seat close to mum.
Since when did you start caring Mr Raizada Gupta Singh. Asked mum pointing him a deadly look.
She's also my daughter, so what ever happens to her matters to me as well" said Dad smiling.
We'll leave you two to your fighting and arguments, but let us all leave so we don't wake her up. Said Kunj leading the way as everyone began to exit the room.
Karan my child come let us all go have some dinner.
But mum mahi.. Mahi.
Ooh leave it she'll be up any moment from now. So no need to worry. Said mum dragging him out of the room with her.
Taking a look at sleeping Mahi i immediately closed the window and brought down the curtains.
Closing the door behind me i slowly made my way to the living room.

M A H I P O V:
  The echoing laughter of my family woke me up. The room was a bit dark except for the candles emitting the room with it glorious light.
Trying to remember how i got into my old room, it then dawned on me that i had earlier fainted and was rushed here.
Taking a look at the clock it was already mid night.
What are they still doing at this time" i asked myself as i slowly got up heading for the living room.
There was so much joy in their voices as i approached the stairs leading downstairs.
Taking a look from upstairs i found them all seated watching my childhood videos.
Look everyone aunt Mahi is up already shouted pinky.
'Mahi " called karan dashing up to meet me.
Thank God you're okay. Now come everyone wants to see you said karan helping me down the stairs.
My dear how are you feeling now? Asked mum sitting next to me.
Am fine mum although am really hungry. I replied holding my stomach.
Ok you just sit here then I'll go get you some food. Said mum trying to get up.
No need mum here's the food said Sahiba handing the tray to her.
Thank you my dear" said mum as she took the tray from her.
Now eat Mahi. Said mum passing the tray to me.
Mum today i'd like you to feed me. I said smiling
Mum looks surprised at my statement but smiles before she began to feed me some food.
Everyone sits down and watches as mum feeds  me.
"Staring at kunj he had that big smile on his face so was dad, aunt Bani, uncle Mahal, Sahiba, karan and  pinky.
'Mum am full now" i said as i watched her drop the tray.
Today you'll stay the night here said mum patting me loving on my head.
Yes mum i replied hugging her while she kept on smoothing my hair backward.

Everyone began to go to their rooms until it was just me and karan.
Come Mahi it's late already and you need to sleep said karan carrying me in his arms.
Karan what are you doing? Leave me i can walk by myself i said trying to break free from his strong hold.
Still he held me till we got to our room.closing the door with his leg he slowly reached for the switch and immediately switched on the light.
Placing me on the bed he quickly covered me up with a blanket. Kissing me lightly on my forehead he made to go sleep on the couch but i stopped him immediately.
What is it Mahi he asked sitting on the bed.
Where are you going? I asked still holding his hand.
Am going to sleep on the couch now close your eyes and try to get some sleep he said trying to leave again.
Pulling him with full force till he was close to me i slowly put my head on his chest.
'Please stay with me tonight " i said before closing my eyes.

KARAN P O V
She felt so little in my arms and so beautiful. I didn't want this night to end or to make her cry anymore. Kissing her on the forehead she immediately smiled in her sleep nestling her head more on my chest. Circling my arms round her waist i slowly touched her bare stomach and smiled knowing she has made me proud already.
Closing my eyes slowly i driffted off to sleep not minding the rain that was falling.

The cold air slightly brushed against my skin sending goosebumps through my skin. Opening my eyes i found kunj busy turning due to the cold. The windows were wide open and a great gush of wind was disturbing his sleep.
Quietly standing up i slowly walked to the window and shut it. Taking a look at him once more, he was now relaxed.
Climbing into bed i slowly covered him with the blanket. While trying to cover myself up he immediately back hugged me leaving me motionless for a while. His chest was broad and warm also. Closing my eyes i slowly slept off wrapped up in the arms of my husband.