Chapter 1

'Are you sure about this Anika? There's no turning back once we do this! Plus, this is the third time. If we aren't successful this time around too, then?' asked a concerned Shivaay.

'I'm very sure we will be successful this time around. Let's just not lie and stick to telling the truth. I'm sure we will get through this time. How about you?' she questioned him back with equal concern and worry.

'100%!' Shivaay exclaimed as a tiny smile crept up to his lips, even if he was having doubts, he didn't want to worry her. Hence, he just smiled back and convinced her that he is very sure about it too.

Anika smiled back at his contagious smile and hoped that everything should go as planned. For the very first time in her entire lifetime, she's taking a life changing desicion on her own. She doesn't know whether it is the right thing to do or not, but one thing she was certain of, which is that she wants to live for herself from now on. Her wishes should be her priority in the list. She's had enough of living for others sake and other's accord. Not anymore now!

'Mr. Oberoi and Miss. Trivedi' called a nurse from the doctor's cabin.

'Good morning. How are you guys doing? Are you both ready for the procedure?' the doctor asked them.

'Yes Doctor! We are ready!' Anika replied back pretty confidently.

'Alright. I've taken a look at both your medical reports and both of you are sexually healthy. Then, why don't you guys try the natural method instead of IUI?' asked the doctor.

[IUI - Intrauterine Insemination. An artificial insemination method used in the medical field to get the woman pregnant. It is a treatment used to treat infertility. In this process, the doctor inserts sperm directly into the woman's uterus.]

'Errmm... doctor...' both Anika and Shivaay hesitated to continue as they looked at each other, hoping either of them will speak up.

'Is anyone of you suffering from genophobia? We have good counseling services here too. I can send a recommendation letter to one of our best psychologist here' the doctor offered.

[Genophobia - Having the fear to have sexual activities]

'No. There's nothing such actually' Shivaay denied.

'We're not married Doctor. We just want to have a baby together' Anika spilled the beans.

'Live-in relationship... ' 

'Nope. We are friends' Shivaay answered even before the doctor could pop the question up. 

'What? Are you both serious? How can you have a child out of wedlock and that too like this, when you both are just friends? What would people say and how about your parents? How did they even agree to this? And the baby, what about it? Who will be having the baby's custody?' the doctor bombarded them with questions.

'We have thought about this almost for a month and plus now. It is not an impulsive decision. We cam to this together and as far as our parents are concerned, we have informed them about our decision. We no longer give a damn about the society who knows nothing but to poke their noses in others' life' Anika explained very much calmly.

'As far as the baby is concerned, Anika and I have found a few solutions to raise the baby together. And my lawyer, Mr.Hooda had come up with a shared custody agreement wherein we both will remain bonded to it. We have visited two gynaecologists before this and they refused to proceed with the procedure upon hearing the truth from us' Shivaay added.