Chapter 3

Anika stood in front of the mirror and examined her stomach. She is 12 weeks pregnant now but her baby bump was nowhere to be seen. It was still flat as it was. She expected at least a little bulge by the end of the week, but there was no changes. She was the one gaining weight and becoming chubby. Shrugging off her thoughts, she began rumaging her wardrobe looking for an outfit. Her body-con blouses no longer looked that fabulous with some fat bulging and poking through here and there. She hated it when it's like that. This was all Shivaay's fault. Ever since she got pregnant, he had been watching over her meals with extra caution. He even cooks dinner for her every day before he goes home and brings along breakfast every morning. He had always looked after her but this extra pampering after getting pregnant we just too overwhelming and clearly proven not good for as she was becoming fat. She was afraid that she might begin to show earlier before they could inform everyone, but thankfully, her baby bump was not at all showing.

They haven't informed anyone, except for Shivaay's family and her family about the pregnancy. Shivaay's mother, Pinky and his grandmother, Dadi were extremely overwhelmed with the news. Anika's parents, Tej and Jhanvi just treated it as a normal news, though Jhanvi was happy for her daughter, but still in front of her husband she was helpless. Anyhow, Pinky Aunty and Dadi had refrained Shivaay and Anika from breaking the pregnancy news to anyone until she was in the third month of her pregnancy as they were being slightly mythical and protective over the child. Even if both Shivaay and Anika don't believe in such things, they still complied as it was about the baby. That baby for whom they could change their whole world upside down.

After almost nearly emptying her whole wardrobe, Anika found a knee-length cotton dress which she had bought during their after college vacations in Mussorie. It was one of the best vacations she's ever had till date. That was where Daksh had proposed her for marriage. How much she wished she hadn't said yes. Shivaay had warned her but she was too fantasized in the idea of being in love and happily ever after. It was the point when her whole life had turned upside down. As soon as they had returned from Mussorie, Om, Gauri, she and Shivaay had got married with just a couple months difference from one wedding to another, all in the same year. She had always seen Om and Gauri coming together but Shivaay had literally shook them off when he had announced his marriage with Ragini. She just knew that Ragini wasn't right for him. But, both of them were so headstrong and went ahead with the marriage. If only she could turn back time, she could have saved Shivaay and herself from the heartbreak. 

She took the dress out and ripped it up into pieces with a pair of scissors.  Every pain, every heartbreak came back to her as she vented it on the pretty piece of dress. She was wearing that dress the day she got to know that Daksh was cheating on her. She came home early from a vacation with her mom and she walked into Daksh and some random girl having sex on her bed. That very bad where she made love with him. It was just two months after the wedding. She couldn't even confront him. The sight in front of her made her throw up. She left him that day itself and got back to her parents. To her surprise, they tried to patch her back up with him in the pretense of divorce formality needs a couple to live at least 6 months together. That was when Shivaay came into the picture. Him and Aditya had helped her to get an immediate divorce. When her own parents had been unsuccessful in providing her the support she needed, her best friends stood by her side and helped her to do what was right. Unwillingly she began to cry and fell on her knees. Just then, she felt someone holding her forearms. It was Shivaay. Sobbing out loud she fell into his arms. 

'Shuussh! Please don't cry' Shivaay told her as he held her close to himself.

'Why Shivaay? Why? Why did he betray me? I trusted him a lot Shivaay!!! Where did I lacked Shivaay? Why did he do it?' she cried as she sobbed out loud in his embrace.