Chapter 8

Three months later, Anika and Shivaay had finally stepped into their house. The house where they would live-in together and raise their baby together. They had a small house-warming prayer which included only their friends, Pinky and Dadi. Shivaay had invited Tej and Jhanvi as well, but they couldn't make it. Anika's Bua was in town hence, the pretend game was on again. Anika was still unaware about her father's facade of dignity as the circumstances was such.

'Riaan! Rithik! Cookie Monsters! Come here. Here's your chocolate milkshake, now finish it up without making any mess, okay?' Shivaay said as he passed two mason jars of chocolate milkshake to the twin brothers.

'Shiv Uncle, I want to drink this with Ani Aunty' Riaan asked and made a sad pout to add more drama.

'Me too!' Rithik insist as well.

'Okay, but let me being this jars for you both. Come now!' Shivaay urged while taking both the jars in his hand and moved towards Anika's room on the first floor from the kitchen.

Their new house wasn't just any normal house, but it was a bungalow house with a huge garden in the front, just before the parking porch, and a heated, covered swimming pool at the back of the house. Shivaay and Anika grew up as the only child in a huge mansion. Thus, they knew how lonely it could get sometimes living in a huge palace. Which was why, both of them had opted out for an apartment, when they had to move out from their house after their marriage. Even such, Shivaay didn't quite agree with the idea of raising a child in an apartment where it can get quite congested for them and came up with the surprise of this bungalow. Shivika's House. That was the name he had given to the bungalow.

Coming back to their new house, no, scratch that, their new home, it was a very spacious place. It was of double storey. The ground floor was with one moderate sized hall plus living room, then further in, there was a dining room on the right, and a dry kitchen on the left side. The dining room has a huge glass door which separates the covered pool from the house. The wet kitchen is further in through the dry kitchen. Just before one could reach their dining room and dry kitchen, there's also a guest bedroom which has the scenic view of their large garden. Moving towards the first floor, upon climbing the staircase, the first and foremost view is the balcony which also had the view of the garden and the side of the house. Before reaching to the balcony, there is a corridor that leads to the left and to the right. On the right side of the corridor, there is one moderate-sized bedroom, which was made into the baby room. Meanwhile, the left side of the corridor leads to two doors which are on the opposite sides. One of it was Shivaay's bedroom while the other was Anika's. Both their bedrooms were well renovated with walk-in wardrobes and en-suite bathrooms.

'Ani Aunty!' Rian and Rithik beamed as they joined Anika on her new bed.

They hugged her very carefully, considering her protruding baby bump. She was six months pregnant now and all her worry that her baby bump wasn't showing had long gone. After the twelfth week of her pregnancy, her baby bump began growing in a very quick pace which even caused her to fear the growth rate, but Zoya had washed all her fear away by assuring Anika that it was absolutely normal. Plus, she even had Gauri's guidance at that time which helped her a huge deal.

'Riaan, Rithik, careful babies! Don't hurt Ani Aunty!' Gauri reprimanded the twins as she arranged Anika's brand new, maternity outfits into her wardrobe.

'They will never hurt me Gauri!' Anika replied right away as she kissed the foreheads of both her cookie monsters.

Shivaay stood by the door, adoring his lady love, who is also the mother of his child having some fun with the twins, making weird, funny faces. Just then, he remembered the milkshakes of his cookie monsters and passed it to them. Then, he was back to leaving by the frame of the door and admiring Anika.