Chapter 7

Stepping into his house with her next to him, made him feel some new unexplainable things in him. He was happy that she was there next to him, but he was also worried at the same time that she was next to him. After listening to the only solution that Aditya had for them, Shivaay and Anika had decided to take the big step that weekend itself. They knew that it was no child's play to have a baby being unmarried. That doesn't mean that they think having a baby after marriage is a child's play, but the risk was more here and they were trying to play safe as much as possible. That morning, Shivaay had picked Anika up from her house after the breakfast to help him with his packing. Om, Gauri, Aditya and Zoya would also be there, but a little later.

'I'll pack my clothes first. Can you help me with the kitchen stuffs? And yes, don't forget the coffee maker...'

'You can't live without it! I know! Now go and pack your clothes!' Anika completed his sentence and urged him to get into his room and start packing.

A few minutes later, Anika exhaled with a relief upon having placed Shivaay's coffee maker properly in its box. Being afraid that she might forget to pack it due to the numerous reminder from Shivaay, that was the first thing she decided to pack for him. Just then, the calling bell was rung and Anika rushed to the door, expecting her gang, but the person in front of her made her stood there numb.

'Ragini?' Anika whispered.

'Anika? What are you doing here?' Ragini questioned her surprisingly in a good manner and pulled her into a tight hug.

Still being in a daze of meeting her, Anika couldn't even make herself to hug Ragini back. All that she could do was to see Ragini.

'Anika, you know, I myself wanted to meet you personally to ask your forgiveness. I'm so sorry for judging you the other day for your divorce with Daksh. It was so foolish of me!' Ragini apologized while wiping away her crocodile tears and pulled Anika to the couch nearby for a more convenient talk.

'It's okay Ragini. As long as you realized your mistake now, it's fine!' Anika smiled back to Ragini, making her grin evilly as her plan was working.

'By the way, Anika, you've changed so much! You seem much healthier now. Your skin is glowing so perfectly fine. But, don't you think you've put on some extra weight? I have a proper diet plan which I follow, I'll share it with you, okay?' Ragini offered as she tried to observe more changes in Anika.

She was no longer the bubbly girl whom Ragini used to hate. Her non-stop chats and bantering were the one thing that could make Ragini's ears bleed. She indeed belonged to a well-settled and extremely powerful families in India, but her humbleness had always managed to irk Ragini. Anika's way of mixing with people wasn't something that she would appreciate. Shivaay was also the same, but what kind of qualities could stand a chance in front of the money he had. Hence, she ignored it and married him as soon as he asked her hand for marriage.

'Anika, won't you ask the reason why I'm back here?' Ragini began along with the crocodile tears.

'Ragini, there's nothing like that, tell me, why are you here? Do you need any help?' Anika asked genuinely, being unaware of the evil mind's plottings.

'Actually Anika, only now, after staying so far away from Shivaay did I realized how much I loved him and also that I still do. I'll always love him, Anika. I couldn't stop my love for him. Shivaay had always been a perfect friend, boyfriend and husband. I was the one who failed badly as a wife. Let's not get there. I even failed to be a friend to him. I mean, it's in his nature to help someone in trouble no matter what the consequences are. That was why he stood by your side during that troubled period of yours. Such a selfless person he is. I wish I could have done the same, but I was so selfish and blinded by the rage of jealousy.  I was so jealous of your growing relationship with Shivaay. I didn't like that he chose to spend most of his time with you and this pushed me insane. Thus, being unable to take that pressure and stress, I accused him of having an affair with you, which I'm still very sorry of. And I also lied to him that I had slept with other guys. I promise that no one else apart from Shivaay had a hold on my virtue. It was a rash decision I took in the heat of moment. I still regret it till date, Anika!' Ragini sobbed into Anika's arms.