The Dark

Jerome's POV

I saw Ashley standing up, and I immediately held out my Betty. "No Jerome, wait!" Ty exclaimed. I growled at him.

"What! She's our enemy, and you let her out!" I shouted. He shrunk slightly but stayed put.

"Look at her! She can't take all of us at once! She's just an injured girl who made some bad decisions! Don't try and tell me you never made some wrong choices!" Ty shouted.

"He's right! I'm not here to harm any of you!" Ashley yelled.

"Both of you, SHUT UP!" I roared causing the room to go silent.

"Jerome, maybe you should calm do-"Mitch whispered before I shook him off.

"You. You have caused so much trouble for us. Now and before! Don't forget what I can do to you." I threatened her, my mind racing with adrenaline. She stood her ground.

"Don't you even remember the pain of that? Not my pain, not even equal to it. Don't forget what it felt like to cut my body raw and torture me like that. Don't you remember how amazing it felt in the moment? But the devastating aftermath? The strength I contain is not one you can break. Remember that before you threaten me again." She hissed into my ear. I dropped my axe to the ground. I dropped myself to the ground. I was shaking. So hard. It hurt my head so much. Please stop. I glanced up and she stood over me, watching as my façade crumbled around me. Breaking down my carefully built walls. I left the world behind. Not even registering the thud of Mitch kneeling next to me. Was he screaming my name? I can't remember. All I can remember is the now. And the now is so dark. So dark.

———————-

Short chapter! Don't worry it's gonna lead up to something amazing! Stay tuned today I'm a writing machine!