Jerome's Story

Jerome's POV

It wasn't very late yet, possibly 4 o'clock. But I could hear whispers outside of where I was in my comfortable bed. "I heard from his friends that the girl out there made him pass out?" one nurse whispered.

"It's true! He had a panic attack when the girl did whatever she did!" they continued discussing my state of health while I was seemingly asleep. "He must have some deeply seeded anxiety about her." The first nurse whispered. I shuddered violently before making sure as not to wake Mitchell. He was still fast asleep, his nose blowing a slight puff of air into my shoulder in a steady rhythm. I did have some problems with her, so I suppose it would make sense that she had so much power over me. I still remember when we first met her.

A small child only 3 years old was holding a blanket and looking at Jerome. Jerome stared her down and scooped her up gently. "Who are you?" He whispered gently to the fragile toddler. She curled one hand in a fist and rubbed her eye, yawning. She tipped her head into Jerome's small 5 year old chest and started sucking her thumb. Jerome kept walking with her, down a small alleyway. A set of stairs going up an old brick building lay ahead. Jerome walked up them slowly with the toddler still peaceful in his arms. At the second floor he stopped outside a rickety window. A pair of hands crept through them and took the tot from Jerome's hands and Jerome crawled in after the baby. The small apartment housed Jerome, Mitchell and Mitch's parents. Mostly his mom though. His dad never showed his face. The two young boys took the baby to their mother. She was curled up intensely in the corner of the room.

"Mama." They spoke lightly, "We found you a baby." The young boys didn't know what was wrong with their mama and brought the baby to her. She took the baby and drew a kitchen knife from her pocket.

"She's a demon." Their mother declared as she set the knife onto the seemingly calm toddler's neck. A young Mitchell quickly pulled the young one away.

 "Mama no!" He squealed acting as if this was all a joke. "She's no demon!" He giggled cautiously, afraid of what would happen next. Their mom sighed and opened her eyes a small bit. She held up the knife slowly, and before plunging it into her heart said,

"I'm the demon." The boys laughed as the blood poured out the wound in their mother's chest.

"Mommy! Stop playing games you're being silly!" Jerome giggled. It was only when the puddle of blood touched their shoes that they realized this was no game. Jerome went and grabbed the old corded phone off the wall and tapped 9-1-1. It wasn't long before the police were there, a kind man holding the frightened children's hands as they stared in horror at their beautiful mother's face being covered by a starched white sheet. Mitchell's hand tugged on the policeman's navy blue pants.

 "Will our mama be okay?" he asked, a glint of worry shining in his caramel brown eyes. The policeman solemnly shook his head and pulled the three children into the police cruiser, taking them to the station for a temporary shelter. Tears pricked the policeman's eyes as he drove down the narrow alley.

I reminisced about his broken childhood while listening to the nurse's conversation, still going on about how they should speak to him about what triggered this. I smirked slightly knowing that I would be here longer than my friends would have thought. All I could think about was the curl of Ashley's small finger when he found her in the alleyway, and how they matched exactly the curl of the grip she held on her backpack.

Ashley's POV

I flipped to the very front of my small gridded notebook and read the first entry. "Ashley, you won't understand now but someday you will. I am your mother Louise Dahlberg, and I will tell you about your family you had to leave. You were very difficult birth and your father left soon after you were born. I won't give you his name, he doesn't deserve your pretty face. Your brother is Adam Dahlberg. I promise he will protect you at all costs. He loves you more than anything. I'm sorry I had to leave you here but please never forget me or your brother. He will find you, I can swear on it. And Ashley? Never, ever lose this notebook. I love you more than words can describe. Your mother, Louise xoxo." I muttered the message quietly to myself and looked up at Adam.

"So Sky, do you believe me now?"

Sky's POV

I couldn't believe it. My sister was here the whole time and I never noticed. My mother always told me to look carefully at girls on the street. I always thought she was trying to get me to stop being gay, but now I know she was trying to help me find her. My head clouded with shame as I realized that I left her with such ill thoughts. I should have known my mother better, she would never be as inconsiderate as I thought. It's too late to live in the past though. All I could do was hope for the future and live in the present. I looked into her unmistakeable Dahlberg eyes. My sister. "I love you" I whispered to her and held her in my arms "I will never lose you again!" I vowed silently, it seems I make too many promises that I can't keep.

————————————————————-

THERE. ITS RAINING AND IM SICK FROM HAVING DAIRY AND I SAT DOWN AND WROTE ALMOST 1000 WORDS. DONE.  On a happier note I'm really excited that I got back to this story and I'm sure I've got the ending planned and everything so I feel all accomplished and stuff! Anyways bye guys and sorry there was no Jashley (AshleyXJason) today!

Edit- I finally get to publish this because I came back from camping where I wrote this =D