Shiny

While Jack was gone, getting whatever he needed, I sat down on the stairs. Jack, the monkey, climbed up on my shoulder. "Hey there," I laughed. I looked up as I heard footsteps approach me. The entire crew was surrounding me. "Can I help you?" I asked.

"What'd Jack go in for?" Gibbs asked.

"No idea," I replied, "he didn't tell me what it was, just that it was important."

"Do you think it's shiny?"

"Possibly," I said. Just then the monkey took my necklace, and ran off, "You just had to say shiny, didn't you." I got up and chased after the monkey. Eventually, I gave up and looked out the way Jack had went, and saw him, rowing a coffin towards us, "Jack's back!" I said. The monkey dropped my necklace and ran off somewhere. I picked it up, dusted it, and put it back on, while Gibbs helped him back on board. Jack handed him a skeleton leg.

"Not quite according to plan," Gibbs said.

"Complications arose, ensued, were overcome," Jack replied, walking towards the helm. Gibbs handed the leg to Cotton and started following Jack.

"You got what you went in for, then?"

"Muhuh." he waved around a rolled up piece of cloth.

"Captain, I think the Crew - meaning me, as well - were expecting something a bit more shiny. What with the Isla de Muerta going all pear-shaped, reclaimed by the sea and the treasure with it."

"And the Royal Navy chasing us all around the Atlantic," another pirate said.

"And the hurricane!" Marty added, the rest of the crew agreeing.

"All in all, it seems some time since we did a speck of honest pirating," Gibbs finished.

"Shiny?" Jack asked.

"Aye, shiny."

"Is that how you're all feeling, then? Perhaps dear ol' Jack is not serving your best interests as Captain?"

"Walk the plank," Cotton's Parrot said. Cotton put a hand over its beak before it could continue. Jack aimed his pistol at the parrot.

"What did the bird say?!"

"Do not blame the bird," a pirate said, "Show us, what is on that piece of cloth there." Everyone looks pointedly at the roll of cloth in Jack's hand, including me. The monkey dropped down in front of Jack and took the cloth; he managed to run a bit before Jack shoots him and he dropped it.

"You know that don't do no good," Gibbs said.

"It does me," Jack replied. I picked up the cloth.

"It's a key," I said.

"No, much more better! It is a drawing of a key," he unfolded it and showed the drawing to the crew, who looked confused, "Gentlemen, what do keys do?"

"Keys...unlock things?"

"And whatever this key unlocks, inside there's something valuable. So, we're setting out to find whatever this key unlocks!"

"No. We don't have the key, we can't open whatever it is we don't have that it unlocks. So, what purpose would be served in finding whatever need be unlocked, which we don't have, without first having found the key what unlocks it."

"So, we're going after this key!"

"You're not making any sense at all," he looked at the rest of the group, "Any more questions?"

"So... Do we have a heading?" Marty asked.

"Ah!" Jack pulled out his compass, and I watched it spin, "A heading. Set sail in a...general...that way direction!"

"Captain?"

"Come on. Snap to and make sail, you know how this works." Jack grabbed my arm and went into our cabin.

Once the door was closed, he pushed me against the wall. "Jack?" I questioned, surprised.

"I realize I didn't tell you something earlier," he said, kissing my neck, "and it may have hurt your feelings."

"It didn't."

"Don't lie. I know it did. I saw it in your eyes."

"Only a little."

"That's not the only thing that's bothering you is it?" I shook my head, and he got off of me, sitting in his chair. "Come tell me all about it." He patted his lap, and I sat down, my legs dangling off the edge of the chair. He tucked my hair behind my ear. "Now, tell me what's wrong? I'm assuming it has nothing to do with me."

"Not at all," I replied, "It's just that the last time I wrote Elizabeth was in Tortuga when we stopped for supplies. I told her I would write her as much as I could, but I haven't this entire year."

"Well, we were being chased by the Royal Navy, almost all year, it was hard to find a place for supplies, and stay long enough to send a letter. I'm sure she'd understand." I gave him a small smile.

"I just have a feeling," I said, "that something bad's happening soon. I don't like it."

"Love, there's always going to be something happening."

"I know," I sighed.

"Do you feel better now?"

"Little bit." I rested my head on his shoulder and looked at the table.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing," I said, blushing.

"That blush doesn't look like nothing."

"How do you know I'm blushing!?"

"There's a mirror," I rolled my eyes, and he pinched my thigh.

"Hey! That hurt."

"What were you thinking about?"

"It's been three months, Jack," I whispered.

"I love you," he said.

"I love you, too, but that's not what I meant."

"I know what you meant," he grinned, "but if you want it, you need to earn it," He was whispering in my ear now, "Tell me what you want to do, and how you want to do it."

"Or, I could just go to bed," I smirked.

"But you won't."

"How do you know?"

"Because I know you, you want it, so you'll make sure you have it."