Why, Jack?

Jack had followed me into the room. He waited a few minutes before speaking. "What's wrong?" he asked. I turned around and kissed him. "I don't see how that's a problem."

"Why do you flirt with other women?"

"I wasn't flirting with her, Amandah."

"I'm not just talking about Elizabeth, I'm talking about every time we stop somewhere to get supplies."

"I didn't know it bothered you."

"I'm your wife, Jack, when I see you flirting, it makes me feel like I'm not good enough for you. I know I'm still learning, and you say that you don't want anyone else, but do you really mean it?"

"Of course I mean it," he whispered, "I haven't kissed or slept with any woman, besides you, since we've been together. I don't plan to either." He touched my cheek.

"Do you love me?" I asked.

"Yes, more than anything, you know that." I looked into his eyes, trying to figure out if he was telling the truth or not. "I'm being honest. You're the only one I'm truly honest with. I'm just so used to flirting, and other things, when I make port, but you are all I need, Amandah."

"Why were you ignoring me?"

"I was jealous."

"Of?"

"You were giving Will a lot of attention."

"I give you way more attention. We were just catching up, from the last time I saw him."

"I know, I was being stupid."

"I don't think you were being stupid," I whispered, kissing him. "I just usually give you all my attention. I'm usually by your side."

Jack backed me up against the wall. "We can start early if you want too," he said in between kisses. I wrapped my legs around his waist, pulling him closer. "Is that a yes?"

"Yes, but you should close the curtains so no one sees us, I'll light some candles." I got down, getting some matches. He closed the curtains and locked the door, while I lit some candles. "Why do candles make everything seem more intimate?" I asked as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Because the room is darker. I want to actually make love tonight like we did the first time."

"I liked the furniture idea, though."

"Next time, love."