Competing with A Jar of Dirt?!

The next morning, I woke up on my own side of the bed, by the wall. Jack's arm was wrapped around me. "'mournin,'" he mumbled, kissing my back. I rolled over and pushed his hair out of his face. "Do you think it worked?" he asked, touching my stomach.

"I don't know," I whispered. I pressed my lips urgently to his. He instantly kissed back, holding the back of my neck. When our lips parted he touched our heads together.

"What was that about?" he asked.

"I feel like this is our last moments together," I whispered, sitting up on my knees. Jack stroked my cheek, and I leaned into him as he sat up.

"I love you, Amandah," he said. He went to kiss me but stopped.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I need my jar of dirt," he said, getting off the bed and getting the jar off the table, hugging it.

"I feel like I'm in competition with a jar of dirt," I mumbled, getting out of bed, and walking over to him. "Jack, you need to get dressed."

"I can't hold the jar and get dressed at the same time."

"Put the damn jar down then."

"No."

"Jack!"

"You could dress me, for me."

"No."

"Fine." He held the jar with one hand and pulled his pants on, with the other. I started getting dressed as well, "I'm not helping you either."

"I didn't ask for it." I picked up my corset realizing the back was unlaced instead of the front. I looked at him and he grinned. I smiled back and went over to my chest to get my other one, only to find it not there. "Where is it?" I asked.

"Where's what?"

"My other corset!"

"I don't know." He started struggling, with fastening his pants. I stomped over to him and started helping. "Thanks, love."

"I'm only doing this because I need help with that thing. I know you did that on purpose, and I expect to find the other one in my chest soon." I picked up his shirt and sighed. "Put the Jar down."

"No."

"You need to put your shirt on."

"I can go without a shirt."

"You are such a child sometimes." I touched his cheek. "Jack, I can tell you're scared, but the three days aren't up yet," I whispered, sweetly. "How are you going to help me if you have that in your hands?" Jack sighed, setting the jar down and taking his shirt. I smiled, getting my clothes on. He started lacing me into my corset. "Oh!" I gasped when he pulled a little too tight. "Too tight, Jack!"

"Sorry," he said, pulling it loose, and tighter. "Good?"

"Yes." Jack tied a knot and finished dressing. "Are you mad at me?"

"No," he replied, "Just on edge." I nodded, as he picked his jar up again.