Boundaries

Jack took me to our room, to examine my legs. "No broken bones," he said, pressing on multiple spots, "I think it's just going to be bruised for a while." He kissed my ankles and grinned up at me, as he pushed his hands up my inner calves.

"Jack," I whispered, "is that a good idea?"

"Not right now, but tonight maybe." He crawled up my body until I was trapped between him and the bed. He started kissing my neck, leaving a mark, "Every piece of furniture in this room," he whispered, his breath hot against my skin. I let out a soft sigh, closing my eyes. "Did you like how we did it last time?" he asked, kissing along my jaw.

"Yes," I murmured, placing my hand in his hair, as he continued kissing everywhere but my lips. "Jack."

"Hmm."

"Kiss me."

"Ask nicely."

"If you don't kiss me right now, the only thing we'll be doing tonight is sleeping." He thought for a second, then pressed his lips to mine. I placed my arms around his neck and pulled him closer, our tongues wrapping around each other. He pulled away and grinned down at me.

"We need to go back out there, love," he said, moving back down to my neck, making his mark on me darker. "The new crew members need to know that you're mine, and they can't touch you." He pulled away, kissing my lips one more time and got off of me. I sat up and tied my hair back. He inspected my neck. "Does it hurt?" he asked.

"No," I replied, "Why?"

"That's the darkest one I've ever given you." I reached up and touched it, finding it still wet, Jack grabbed the hand mirror off the nightstand and showed me. I looked at my neck.

"Jack!" I yelled, and he ran out the door. I chased after him. "Get back here!" I looked around for him. I heard him running up the stairs, and I ran up the other side, slower than I normally would. Everyone was watching us. We stood on either side of the wheel, seeing who would move first.

"If you're going to do this could you not be around the wheel?" Gibbs said. I glanced at him, and Jack ran again. I chased after him. Suddenly, he turned around and grabbed me around my waist, dipping me back.

"Jack?" He didn't say anything and kissed me, pulling me back upright. "I thought you said no kissing in front of the crew?" I breathed.

"Some new crew members have been eyeing your chest since they got here," he replied, his voice louder than necessary, "I needed to set some boundaries." I nodded understanding what he meant. "I love you," he whispered.

"I love you, too," I replied, stepping away from him. He grabbed my hand and helped me down the stairs.

"How are you feeling right now?"

"I've had worse," I replied, then looked at Elizabeth, "Hi, Lizzy," I smiled.

"Hi, Amandah," she replied handing a stack of letters to Jack, then hugging me. "I missed you."

"I missed you, too."

"How come you never wrote?"

"I wrote the first night, then someone was chasing us and it wasn't safe anymore," I explained. I looked pointedly at the ex-commodore, as I spoke.

"Beckett," Jack said. Elizabeth turned to him.

"Yes, they're signed 'Lord Cutler Beckett of the East India Trading Company." Jack held the papers close to his face, studying the signature, then he stuck out his tongue in disgust.

"Who's that?" I asked.

"No one you need to concern yourself with, love."

"Will was working for Beckett and never said a word," Gibbs said.

"Ah." Jack made another face.

"Beckett wants the compass. Only one reason for that."

"Of course. He wants the chest."

"Yes," Elizabeth said, "he did say something about a chest."

"If the Company controls the chest," Gibbs started.

"Wouldn't they control the sea?" I asked

"A truly discomforting notion, love."

"Bad! Bad for every mother's son what calls himself pirate. I think there's a bit more speed to be coaxed from these sails." Gibbs walked off and shouted orders, again.

"Might I inquire as to how you came by these," Jack asked Elizabeth, holding up the papers.

"Persuasion."

"Friendly?"

"Decidedly not."

"Will strikes a deal for these and upholds it with honor, yet you are the one standing here with the prize," he started reading the letters, "Full pardon, commissioned as a privateer on behalf of England and the East India Trading Company..." Jack tucked them into his coat walking away, "As if I could be bought for such a low price."

"Jack, the letters, give them back."

"No," he grinned, "Persuade me."

"You do know Will taught me how to handle a sword."

"As I said... persuade me." Elizabeth walked away, and I glared at Jack, "What?!"

"You've used that same voice with me before we've..."

"It's different when I'm with you."

"How? 'cause that didn't sound any different!" Before he could answer I turned around and stomped away, into our room to cool myself down.