"Nothing"

Later that night, Jack was trying to figure out a heading, while I lay in bed watching him. "Still not cooperating?" I asked as he tapped the compass.

"No," he replied, picking up the bottle of rum, and finding it empty, "Why is the rum always gone?" Jack stood up and almost fell back in his chair, causing me to laugh, "Oh... that's why." He put his hat on and started leaving the room.

"Where are you going?"

"More rum," he said.

"I thought that was the last bottle."

"I'm going to go check." He grabbed a lantern and left.

A few minutes later I heard Jack yelling, "On deck all hands! Make faster-gasket! On deck! Scurry! Scurry on! Move it! Move it!! I want movement!" I got up and ran outside. "Run as if the devil himself and itself was upon us!"

"Jack what's going on?!" He looked at me.

"Nothing, love. Go back inside." I raised an eyebrow and looked at his hand, noticing the black spot. Jack quickly closed his hand and hid it behind his back. I went back inside to get a piece of cloth, to cover the mark. When I came back, Jack was hiding behind the stairs, without his hat.

"For the love of Mother and Child, Jack, what's coming after us?" Gibbs asked.

"Nothing," Jack said still sounding panicked. Gibbs left, and I stood in front of Jack.

"Let me see it," I said.

"No!"

"Jack. You don't want to accidentally show the whole crew do you?"

"Just don't touch it."

"I won't." He gave me his hand and I started wrapping it. When I was done he cupped my face, with his other hand. I looked up at him.

"Thank you," he whispered.

"Your welcome," I replied, "What happened, while you were gone? And don't say nothing."

"I ran into Will's father."

"I thought he was dead."

"He is, but he isn't." Jack explained to me what happened, and I hugged him, "I'll do my best to get out of it," he said.

"I know you will," I whispered.