I've Got A Jar of Dirt

"Where's the Commodore?" Gibbs asked Jack when we got back to the Pearl.

"Fell behind," Jack said.

"My prayers be with him. Best not wallow in our grief. The bright side is you're back. And made it off free and clear." The Flying Dutchman popped out of the water next to the Pearl.

"I'll handle this, mate," Jack said pushing Gibbs aside, "Oi, fish face!" He held up the jar of dirt, "Lose something, aye?-??" He lost his footing and fell down the rest of the stairs, I cringed. He held up the jar again, "Got it! Come to negotiate, eh, have you, you slimy git. Look what I got, I've got a jar of di-irt, I've got a jar of di-irt, and guess what's inside it?" he finished in a sing-song type voice and I gave him an odd look.

"Enough," Jones said. The cannons on the Flying Dutchman were out. And Jack started giving orders.

"Hard to starboard."

"Hard to starboard!" I yelled.

"Raise up the foreyard!" Will yelled. A few cannons hit the ship and I almost fell.

"She's on us! She's on us!" Ragetti yelled.

"Make fast!"

"She's falling behind!" Elizabeth informed everyone.

"Aye, we've got her," Gibbs said.

"Were the faster?" Will asked.

"Against the wind, the Dutchman beats us, that's how she gets her prey. But with the wind"

"We've got her advantage."

"Aye." I moved next to Jack.

"Jack, this is what happened in my dream," I whispered to him.

"You didn't think to tell me about this?"

"My mother told me not too. I'm sorry."

"They've given up. Yeah!" Marty shouted, and the Crew cheered.

"My father is on that ship," Will told Jack, "If we can outrun her, we can take her. We should turn and fight."

"Why fight when you can negotiate? All one needs is the proper leverage." He placed the jar of dirt on the banister patting it. The ship lurched, and the jar fell, breaking, scattering the dirt everywhere. Jack ran down and started looking for the heart, I followed him, "Where is it? Where is the thump thump?"

"Jack," I whispered, looking down at him sadly. He grabbed my arm and started pulling me to a boat. "What are you doing?"

"We're running."