Ch. 61: Lazy morning

"B? Beanie? Please wake up."

I heard his voice from far away. It was like a warm echo that soothed my ears repeatedly.

"Beanie, baby?"

I walked around, not knowing were the voice came from.

"Please wake up..."

I felt warm hands grasp around me, pulling me close.

"I'm sorry, baby, but I really need to go to the toilet."

I opened my eyes abruptly, finally coming back to reality, and cursed internally.

"Go away..." I murmured.

"See.. I can't do that. Cripple and stuff." I heard him giggle.
"And that's why I need your help. Please?"

With a grunt, I dragged myself out of bed and walked over to his side. Everything was on autopilot.

"You can go back to sleep when I'm done. I'll go help mother and Janet with the kids."

"No. I want you to be there with me. I want to pretend that it's still really, really early in the morning. Understood?"

He giggled again. His annoyingly adorable laughter. And it made my mood lighten ever so slightly, even though I didn't wanted to.

"But the kids..."

"Your mother and Janet is here, remember? And I have a little catching up to do."

I saw his eyes got a certain hopeful look.

"Sleep, Michael! I need to catch up with sleep. But I want you to lay next to me and tickle my arm like you use to."

I heard him exhale with a hint of disappointment, so I snapped.

"Why do you always think that I'm talking about sex?"

"I-I don't! I swear!"

"Yeah, right..."

"But I don't wanna stay in bed. Why can't we just... Go get some breakfast?"

"I'm not hungry."

"We can go out in the sun?"

"Yeah, right... Like you do that voluntarily."

"Hey. I do. Sometimes... But you know my vitiligo..."
He sighed.
"We can watch a movie...?"

"I've seen a movie."

"So..."

"So we're going to bed. Are you done?"

"God, you're so demanding, Beanie."

"I'm pregnant. I'm allowed."

He bit his lip and stayed quiet until we were laying in bed again. Me with my head on his shoulder and my arms wrapped around his waist. And him with one arm around me and the other tickling my underarm just as I wanted to.

"This is what I'm talking about," I moaned in satisfaction.
He kissed me on top of my head as an answer.
"Come on, you gott..."

"Yes, of course! I was just thinking that we should make sure to do this regularly. Like the date we use to have on the couch. It's gonna be hard to do with the kids and all, but I think it's important...for us."

I raised my head to look at him, and gave him a big smile.
"You know, that's the best idea I've heard in a while."

He chuckled.
"Signed yours truly."

"Signed my future husband."

We remained laying like that, just drowning in each others eyes. We've been through quite rough ups and downs during our time together, but I never got tired of staring into his beautiful eyes.