Chapter 9-Wedding Planning

Mark Mendes, a classy, flamboyant wedding planner presented an elegant Christmas wedding for Maureen and Hayden. He's been a wedding planner for seventeen years and resides in San Francisco. He's openly gay.

Melinda, Maureen, Hayden, Natalie, and Melody sit drinking champagne while watching the presentation.

With poster boards of Christmas decorations for the rehearsal and wedding day, along with the dress that Maureen will wear, he presented, "We will have the green and red shimmers. The chairs will have gold sparkled shine ribbons, the bride would wear the red velvet along with the hair clip which is Poinsettia, and the bridesmaids have their dresses taken care of. They are wearing the same color but the dress is long and strapless. The catering is set for tonight along with entertainment from the band and little Madison".

He continues, "The meals for the rehearsals are ham, turkey, potatoes, and vegetables and the wedding day dinner is chicken picatta, ravioli, and broccoli. Cocktail and wine will be served right after the wedding. Later, the big moment: wedding cake will be like a Christmas tree will ornaments and lights and on top of the cake will be a gold star. The filling is buttercream like you wanted."

Maureen is amazed, "I love it, this will be the best wedding ever."

Hayden hugged Maureen then said, "Baby, I'm so excited about the wedding"

Mark wraps up the presentation, "Well, I'm glad you two appreciate it. Now the wedding rehearsal is tonight at 5 pm sharp, all the guests will arrive at 4:30 to have cocktail and wine."

Melinda said, "Oh thank you, Mark, let me give you the check." Melinda reached for her pocketbook and gave him the check.

"Nice doing business with you, I'll see you tonight."

"Mrs. Henson, I'm taking Melody to the mall to find an outfit for her tonight," said Natalie.

"What's wrong with my pantsuit I'm wearing?" asked Melody.

"Honey, as your sister-in-law, I have to make you look sexy for your man, you need a dress. Then fix your hair"

Melinda said, "Well I'll see both of you later."