Chapter 4 - A Killer in the Bedroom

"Do we have to be here?" I pull on Brendan's arm as we stand at Erica's front door, contemplating whether to go in or not. She has one of those metal handles that you knock with, and the weird gargoyle face on it is giving me the jeebies.

"You wanted to talk to Corey right? This is your opportunity."

I pull my hood over my face so as not to be seen. If Erica were to find out I'm here, all hell would break loose. We swing open the heavy wooden door, and step into a world of flashing and grinding and thundering loud music.

People stand on a marble staircase, sucking face and groping one another. Downstairs, a mob of about a million people dance and bounce while lights flash to the rhythm. The place is huge, with black marble floors - not that you could see them- and untouchable ceilings.

Brendan and I are almost immediately separated in the crowd and I have no idea where I'm going. People are bumping into me, thrashing around, and I'm pretty sure I touched one too many asses as I passed by. In the crowed, I can see the mousey doe-eyed face of Amy Challin.

Amy's this super hypocritical Christian girl who believes in godly morals and celibacy, even though her favorite game is "feel me up under the table in Chem class". But luckily she's good natured and isn't a total bitch to me.

"Do you know where Corey is?" I screamed, my voice underpowered by the repetitive music.

Dance-dance-dance-dance-dance-dance-dance-dance-dance- Dance 'till you're dead

she shrugs and makes a "can't hear you" motion with her ears. I force myself through the crowed to get closer to her.

Off- off with your head!

"Where's Corey?" I repeat.

Heads will roll

"I saw him go up stairs." She yells back wavering where she stands, and immediately I can tell she's doped up on something.

Heads will roll

"Thanks!" I touch her arm as a friendly gesture and pass by, wiggling my way through twerking and grinding and flailing.

Heads will roll, on the floor.

I finally find my way to the magnificent marble stair case. I have to step over bodies that lay passed out, or making out on the steps.

"Ow!" Someone barks as I step on their hair. "Ugh, fat bitch."

I twist my face into a sarcastic "oops" expression and hoist myself up the last steps.

"Corey!" I shout, banging on the nearest door. I opened it, flushed at the sight. Definitely wasn't the right room. Some girl was passed out on the toilet with her pants still at her ankles. I close the door, biting back laughter.

"He's in there." Some guy with long shaggy hair points. I assume he's not from my school, considering he isn't slurring swear words at me.

"Thanks." I smile kindly at him and reach for the correct doorknob. I can hear seductive giggling on the other side and immediately assume it's Erica. shit. I send the door flying open never the less.

"Hey asshole, we need to ta-"

It wasn't Erica.

Amanda Brusky covers herself with bed sheets and lets out an embarrassed squeal and Corey lays next to her with a look of sheer terror on his face.

"Amanda, wait!" He calls out as she gathers her clothes and scampers out of the room. I close the door behind her to force his attention on me.

How do I describe Amanda? Low self-esteem, does anything for attention, compulsive liar with a pretty face. She's nothing special.