Chapter 19: Punch a werewolf, kiss a dragon.

"We can't just let a fire breather live amongst our people for one earth girl," said the old man from behind his mahogany desk.

After our encounter with the rogues, we flew the rest of the way there. We stopped shortly so Talia could remove the unwanted steak in my arm. It was painful.
She glazed my arm over with her healing spell, but sadly it was not strong enough; causing the major blood loss to cause my passing out.

I had woken up in a small, healing ward, with my arm neatly stitched up.
I had a bit of a panic attack as to where I was and may have, kinda, sort of blown the door over, and freeze over my entire room.
A healer came running towards me, possibly trying to calm me but I was not having it because I had *accidentally* made a portal that she fell into... it's okay though!
She landed up falling in a pond just outside.

Christian finally came to calm me down.

So now we're here, sitting around this mahogany desk, consulting one of their village's leaders.
And let me tell you, it was taken everything in me not to send HIM rolling down a volcano in Hawaii.

"Well this 'fire breather' happens to be my erm... friend," I hesitated, I don't think they'd be pleased to know that I'm his 'Chosen.'
The man, whose name I came to know was, 'Lushkov' (obviously originated somewhere from Russia) looked at me sternly.

"Don't get too bold, Miss Sterling. You are merely a guest," he said coldly.

"A VERY powerful guest, Lushkov," Talia cut in swiftly.
Lushkov glared at Talia for a moment before turning his attention to Christian, who had his head down the whole meeting. He had been playing with his fingers and shifting nervously in his seat the whole time, with a stone set face.

Lushkov sighed, " Fine then, but don't get comfortable here, Christian," he said cooly, " One wrong move and you're off to your fellow beasts." He finished with a smirk.

I saw Christian's arm tense, his eyes flashed a dark gold. He looked up and stared Lushkov straight in his eyes.

"I'd be happy to go back to them, your people make me realize why we shouldn't mix." He said so bluntly and coldly that it even hurt me.
"The only reason I've been tolerating you popsicles is for Andy." He finished a bit more warmly.

"I wouldn't have it any other way," Lushkov replied curtly.
He turned back to me.

"We should get started on unlocking your gifts, Andrea " he said while standing up.

"Right now?" I asked surprised. Could a girl not catch a break?

"Yes, now," he retorted, " the sooner we unlock all your gifts the sooner we can focus on the task at hand." He finished as he left the room.

"What 'task at hand'?" I questioned as I followed him out the room.
He stopped dead in his tracks and turned around.

"They didn't tell you?" He asked, clearly surprised.

"Tell me what?" I pushed, getting very confused.
Lushkov stared at me for a moment, as if he was trying to see whether or not I would be able to handle the news.

"You, my dear Andrea, you are going to help the Elders defeat 'The Dark One' once and for all." He said in a steady tone.

"The Dark one?"

"He goes by many names, some are too close to his nature it causes mountains to quake at the mere mention of them."

"What if I can't?" I asked worriedly, " What if I fail?"